Curvatron - help me Beta test? (Steam keys for testers)

• 9 Replies

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
Curvatron - help me Beta test? (Steam keys for testers)
« on: February 26, 2015, 16:58:44 »
UPDATE: I made this game initially for Android but recently I've been working on porting it over to Steam. It has a bunch of new features, including custom level designs and an editor that lets you share levels on the Steam workshop. There is still a lot to be done but soon I will need to test the game thoroughly to prepare it for release. If anyone here is interested in helping me test the game, I can send you a key that gives you access to the beta. After the game is released, you get to keep the final version free of charge on your Steam account.

Keep in mind that I can't give too many of these away, so please only request one if you can help by playing a bit before release. Only looking for testers on Windows.

If you don't know what the game is about, check out the web version or the Greenlight page.

Original thread about the Android / Web version:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:39:41 by Raicuparta »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Curvatron - single button snake game for Android/Web
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 17:39:29 »
The Android version won't install for me because 'package file wasn't signed correctly'.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 18:45:31 »
The Android version won't install for me because 'package file wasn't signed correctly'.
Yeah, that happens for old versions of Android. I have only recently figured out how to fix it, and will be sending an update that should be available in a few hours.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 19:41:28 »
I played the web version. Really enjoyed it; the movement was fresh enough to make a snake game interesting and I enjoyed getting used to the challenges presented by the movement. Despite the number of times I narrowly missed a target because I mistimed a key-press, I didn't get frustrated. I would complain that the collision detection was a bit unfairly vague and the wip-wop-wip-wop-wip-wop noise eventually got irritating.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 16:08:51 »
Played the web version too. Infinite mode is some truly excellent design. I got slightly obsessed with it, but could only manage a score of 1458.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 22:33:44 »
Ha ha, I got 1577! :P

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 11:49:33 »
The latest version runs on my tablet, and is very smooth. However, it has one bizarre flaw. The aspect ratio and screen orientation is fine for the menus, but when I start a new game mode it rotates to the wrong orientation. This also results in a squished image if I'm initially holding my tablet in landscape mode, or an image that only fills a small area of the screen if I'm initially holding my tablet in portrait mode. Screenshots attached. I'd like to reiterate that the orientation of the screenshots is the opposite from how I was holding my tablet, as if the game were forcibly rotating the view 90 degrees whenever I choose a game mode.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 19:44:25 »
I'm glad we were able to fix the crashing issue. Orientation stuff seems to be a pain in the ass to work with on Android. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Sergio, we will try to think of a smarter way to detect orientation.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
Re: Curvatron - help me Beta test? (Steam keys for testers)
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 04:20:19 »
I made this game initially for Android but recently I've been working on porting it over to Steam. It has a bunch of new features, including custom level designs and an editor that lets you share levels on the Steam workshop. There is still a lot to be done but soon I will need to test the game thoroughly to prepare it for release. If anyone here is interested in helping me test the game, I can send you a key that gives you access to the beta. After the game is released, you get to keep the final version free of charge on your Steam account.

Keep in mind that I can't give too many of these away, so please only request one if you can help by playing a bit before release.  Only looking for testers on Windows.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:39:47 by Raicuparta »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Curvatron - help me Beta test? (Steam keys for testers)
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 12:02:33 »
I offer my services to help you.

In return, you can expect me to record my experiences to a video and see the result for yourself. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex