Creating foreground objects with Ks Ex? And other questions.

• 2 Replies
Creating foreground objects with Ks Ex? And other questions.
« on: February 17, 2015, 05:45:32 »
I'm thinking if re-creating an old level that I've made. However, I was wondering if "Ks Ex" has a feature which "KS +" has - An overlay tool, using the Layer 2. I want to deter from CO's and templates because CO's have a 255 object limit, templates have 200, well I'm not sure?  Why? I want to have foreground tileset blocks without worrying about the restrictions.

An unrelated question, but is there a program that I can use online that helps with using the script.lua? I'm using "Notepad ++", but I'm not sure if any programs do the job easier.

As you can't already see, I'm very new to this mod, but I want to try tackling it after years of staying away from it.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Creating foreground objects with Ks Ex? And other questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:40:06 »
I'm no expert on KS Extended, but one feature of the level editor is to create a template object of the tiles you want to overlay automatically. The description of it is as follows:

"Automatic template Objects (Bank 254) creation from current view of the screen (with or without background gradient). This lets you layer a picture made of tiles on top of Juni for example. Choose an unused Template object and you'll see a camera button to the right of Object selector."

Re: Creating foreground objects with Ks Ex? And other questions.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 09:17:12 »
Sorry, but I guess my question wasn't stated as clearly as I had thought.
What I meant is that does "KS Ex" have an Overlay tool like the one in"KS+"?