[Scenic/Challenge] The Tower of Joy

• 5 Replies

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
[Scenic/Challenge] The Tower of Joy
« on: October 02, 2014, 03:34:47 »
Hello!

I know I am late to the Knytt Stories party but I had some creative juices that wouldn't quiet. As a result, I've created Tower of Joy, inspired by George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. The main character is Lyanna Stark. I am putting the finishing touches on it and should have it done in a few weeks.

I looking for playtesters, please PM if you would like to try it out.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:23:08 by pfrangip »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [Scenic/Challenge] The Tower of Joy
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:01:23 »
That statue makes a surprisingly good tree! It looks like it will have creative scenery and a deep story. I look forward to it.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 11:25:35 »
Agreed. That tree/statue looks really good with one small thingy that doesn't work for me. In the top-left of the tree there are 2 tiles used with a horizontal black line in it above each other. But other than that, this looks good.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 12:48:11 »
I concur; great, clever and effective adaption of that tileset for the tree. Well done! Kind of imaginitive, clever use of a tileset that really impresses me. :)

The banners in the second screenshot look a bit lame, however. You've done a fair job with what you have but it's not a fantastic tileset. If you're able, it might be worth drawing your own. You can make them into COs and put them on layer 4 if you don't have tileset space for them. Just an idea.

If you're using KS+, I've made moving CO versions of the knyghts that you may want to use. Tell me if it is so and I'll post them. Or you could use them as I did in 'Do Not Pick Up The Key v2' where they will appear as unmoving COs in regular KS and be animated in KS+.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 18:58:18 »
yes nice tile mixing but there's still a problem with that screen. you have a transparent background tree to the left and a busy gradient that don't go well with it. plus those green gradient trees are out of place.

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 11:34:13 »
This looks really cool. The first and third screenshots have a nice and unique style. Can't wait to try it out ^^
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island