Re: Pitch-An-Idea: Knytt Underground clone with multiple separate characters

• 9 Replies
It'd probably be cool if we had a separate subforum for this sort of thing: non-devs pitching ideas for devs to pick up. What do you think?
You somehow managed to guess one of 'em correctly.

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
    • Wikia wiki for all Nifflas' Games
durrr how did I miss that!  :crazy: Can a mod move this?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 18:24:21 by Wrenbot »
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!

You didn't. It's a hidden forum you need a certain amount of stars for.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
Dude, should you be revealing the... :shifty: ...the secret?

Does anyone besides you and LPChip even care about keeping it secret anymore? And besides, how can you expect me to not reveal it when someone's all like "guys we need to have this thing i don't know we actually have"?

(Anyways, i guess i'm derailing this topic way more than was necessary, so i'm just gonna stop talking about it.)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
I care too about that thing which may be a fake screen shot. :shifty:

Anyway, This does sound like a good premise for a game. I'm not sure what physics based puzzles have to do with a witches exam. Shouldn't mastery of magics be the key to success?

A big drawback I see is if it's Metroidvania, then you'll have to navigate to collaborative areas twice. Maybe, Mimi could carry Pumpum around. Or, maybe there could be stations where one character could summon the other. Designing a large map that can be navigated and re-navigated as a witch and as a pumpkin will be a large challenge. In Knytt Underground there are many places which are easy for the the sprite to walk through but highly annoying to traverse as the ball. It sounds better suited to a level based design to me. A Mario-world map would allow for replaying levels with new abilities.

Shouldn't mastery of magics be the key to success?
I thought it was gonna be about using the various magic spells for the physics puzzles, or something like that.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Nah, I don't mind it being open. Keeping it a secret for a while is nice, but the secret has worked. I don't like it being advertised to people, but in this case its perfectly sound to mention the existence of the forum.

As for moving this topic, thats not smart, because then the OP won't have access to the topic anymore, nor are they likely going to get this access anytime soon.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

but the secret has worked.
Did it? Come on, did mentioning very specific rumors that didn't even exist not give it away immediately?

(Also, i kinda like how Talps' post is a callback to the For Egomassive preview topic.)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Yeah, it worked. People were not completely sure, which we can judge when they are able to enter and realize it exists.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex