Can we get a native Mac version, pretty please?

• 3 Replies

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
    • Wikia wiki for all Nifflas' Games
Can we get a native Mac version, pretty please?
« on: September 21, 2014, 21:09:13 »
So far I've been able to enjoy all of Nifflas' games in Mac OS X via the very handy CrossOver app, but Saira is buggy :(

The biggest problem is that the photos are not viewable, because they get saved as solid black BMP files, and it's hampering my ability to continue the wiki entry. :P

This looks like one of Nifflas' best games and it'd be great if you could press a button in Clickteam Fusion and make a Mac binary for it. Is that possible?

BTW here's a little guide on the options available if anyone else wants to play on Mac or Linux
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 00:16:33 by Wrenbot »
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Can we get a native Mac version, pretty please?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 08:50:06 »
This looks like one of Nifflas' best games and it'd be great if you could press a button in Clickteam Fusion and make a Mac binary for it. Is that possible?

I think you might be optimistic in thinking that's all the effort it would take, but there's no harm in asking. In the meantime, couldn't you just take screenshots yourself?

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
    • Wikia wiki for all Nifflas' Games
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 00:31:26 »
In the meantime, couldn't you just take screenshots yourself?

Yep, that's how I'm going about it. There are other strange slowdowns and lockups though, that don't happen in Nifflas' other Windows games in OS X.

I asked about using Fusion because I though that was what The Great Work and Knytt Underground were made in...are they not?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 00:55:41 by Wrenbot »
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:00:36 »
I asked about using Fusion because I though that was what The Great Work and Knytt Underground were made in...are they not?

I believe both were developed primarily in MMF2, but exported with Anaconda/Chowdren, a custom runtime. The runtime's developer lists porting work for those games on his site, so I imagine the work involved was substantial. Regardless of the tools use, in my experience the porting process is never easy and usually comes with some pretty significant flaws, especially when custom extensions are used (which I think Saira does). Nifflas also remarked in the past that using MMF2 on Saira meant he wasn't even able to add native controller/joystick support... those are basically my reasons for thinking such a task would require a lot of time and effort, but hopefully I am wrong and it happens anyway!