I created a wiki!

• 8 Replies

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
    • Wikia wiki for all Nifflas' Games
I created a wiki!
« on: August 28, 2014, 01:47:32 »
So I went ahead and took the liberty of starting a wiki on Wikia: nifflas.wikia.com

I've never maintained a wiki before and am completely new to this but while I'm learning I hope you guys can come over and help build it up! To start with I'm just copying the Wikipedia articles over, for now. Hopefully we can make it into an exhaustive list of all the games, related projects, soundtracks that Nifflas and his co-conspirators have worked on, as well as a complete resource for all the characters, quests and the lore of the combined WADF+Knytt universe. :crazy:

If you're an admin on this forum please send me a PM and I'll add you to the admins for the wiki if needed!
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: I created a wiki!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 10:06:02 »
Just so you know, there have been at least two previous failed attempts to set up a Nifflas wiki. I wouldn't count on too much help from the community at this point, but try not to be discouraged!

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 20:45:16 »
The only other wikis I could find were some mentions of Within A Deep Forest etc. on the Indie Games Wikia, and a small wiki specific to WADF which I don't remember where it was.

Hopefully this one under an easier name on Wikia.com will get more exposure. Someone already did a great edit on the WADF entry there! :)

Most importantly since I'm still playing the older Nifflas games I'll be updating the wiki with any info and guides that I find so other new players can find it useful too.
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 21:26:08 »
The last NiffWiki hosted on the servers of J (niffwiki.greywool.com) got abandoned for 2 reasons. 1, spambots were more active than the members, so it had to be properly maintained, and 2. It just was too much work to add new pages everytime a game was made which resulted in people just abandoning it. At some point, J removed it because it just wasn't used.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 13:22:10 »
And here's a thread for a subsequent Nifflas Wiki, which was taken down because spambots were the only ones contributing content. I'm glad to hear yours is attracting the right kind of attention!

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 13:42:29 »
I'm glad to hear yours is attracting the right kind of attention!
To be perfectly honest, so far i'm the only one (besides "Renton7") who actually did anything, and i don't think i'll be contributing very often. I might do pages for the individual levels in WaDF or renovate the Knytt Stories page a little when i feel like it, but at the moment it doesn't seem to me like i'll be doing a lot.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 03:47:21 »
I've just finished writing an article on Harara Mountains, and i'm planning to do all the levels in WaDF. What do you think of my page's layout?

Edit: I also did one for Pinewood Heights because what the heck is this thing you call sleep.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:45:15 by StraightFlame »

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 14:09:00 »
I've just finished writing an article on Harara Mountains, and i'm planning to do all the levels in WaDF. What do you think of my page's layout?

Edit: I also did one for Pinewood Heights because what the heck is this thing you call sleep.

OMG thanks!! You did a great job, right down to the dialogues! I'm still tidying up stuff and learning about wiki templates and all that jazz. Decided to make sure WaDF is as complete as possible before moving on to the other games. Added some guides, cheats and secrets. After the levels are done I should probably do the characters that exist in multiple games, like the Yoga Monster and the little knytt.

The biggest challenge is going to be Knytt Underground, because it has SO many things..nnngggh

As for concerns about spambots and the like, that's what Wikia and its features are supposed to take care of, aren't they?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:16:34 by Wrenbot »

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 18:45:22 »
Hey, you know how Wikia gives every wiki its own forum? I think maybe we should use that for certain things that would be irrelevant to anyone not contributing to the wiki.