Font Challenges (and also a Tova thing) Help

• 11 Replies
Font Challenges (and also a Tova thing) Help
« on: August 23, 2014, 02:09:44 »
First, does anyone have any tips on the route for the two font challenges? With the one as Mi, for example, I've tried a variety of routes but the best one I can find would involve pulling off a stunt like in the RPG waterfall. Is that really it, or am I just missing something?

Second, there was a list of secrets on this forum that mentioned using the Laserdisc with Tova's invisible artifact. What's that about?

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Font Challenges (and also a Tova thing) Help
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:14:06 »
Second, there was a list of secrets on this forum that mentioned using the Laserdisc with Tova's invisible artifact. What's that about?

I've only checked it in the game script, but apparently you have a different dialog with Laserdisc (one of the Bell door guardians) if you've done Tova's quest: you have to give away 5 artifacts, but one of them is the invisible one.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:29:37 »
I've only checked it in the game script, but apparently you have a different dialog with Laserdisc (one of the Bell door guardians) if you've done Tova's quest: you have to give away 5 artifacts, but one of them is the invisible one.

Oh! Haha, I did that already then. That really only leaves the font challenges for my to do, which are both kicking my butt.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 19:17:07 »
I printed out a map of the level and crossed off paths that were impossible. Eventually I narrowed these challenges down to the correct paths. Neither challenge requires you to do anything difficult other than finding the correct path. Finding these paths yourself is the true reward. Papyrus is especially satisfying to figure out.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 21:55:04 »
I printed out a map of the level and crossed off paths that were impossible. Eventually I narrowed these challenges down to the correct paths. Neither challenge requires you to do anything difficult other than finding the correct path. Finding these paths yourself is the true reward. Papyrus is especially satisfying to figure out.

So you do NOT have to make a jump like the secret one in RPG?

That is what I needed to know. Thanks.

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 01:09:30 »
Huh. I thought I'd already seen all the secret stuff in the game, but I have no idea what the "font challenges" are. Can someone explain?

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 01:11:08 »
In the menu area, there's a secret passage on the left wall of the "More Stuff" room. It leads to the Papyrus and Comic Sans challenges.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 07:35:09 »
^ Note that those challenges were added in the Infinity Hype Update, so check your KU version in case you don't find the secret passage.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 07:22:59 »
Well I'll be. Thanks guys!

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline MJongo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 18:58:41 »
Anyone have any hints on the Papyrus challenge? I've spent at least 5 hours on it with no success.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 06:08:42 »
Anyone have any hints on the Papyrus challenge? I've spent at least 5 hours on it with no success.
Spoiler: Big Hint (click to show/hide)

Offline MJongo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 15:55:07 »
Thanks!
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)