Soundtrack

• 6 Replies
Soundtrack
« on: April 20, 2009, 07:48:26 »
Hello, everyone!  I'm new to the boards.

One of the things I loved about WADF, Knytt, and Knytt stories were the soundtracks.  For Knytt Stories and WADF, I was able to extract the music from the game files and play them using Winamp, and I often listen to them on their own while using the computer or going for walks.  But with Knytt I haven't had any luck.  Does anyone know of a way to get at Knytt's soundtrack, or of a place to download it separately?

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 13:02:43 »
All the available soundtracks to Nifflas's games (bar KS) are available at the Niffpage.
good bye

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 16:12:05 »
Yeah. The music in knytt is the best by far in any of Nifflas games, and the rest of  them have pretty good music too. :D
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 03:13:08 »
Can we use other music from nifflas on our ks levels :O

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:37:14 »
If you ask him first. (And he says yes.)
good bye

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 14:32:52 »
Sorry for the necrobump, but it seemed like including the info above along with my clarification question would be helpful.

I've downloaded the KS Knytt Package put together by Looki, which contains tilesets, gradients, custom objects, ambiance loops and music from Knytt, all in Knytt-Stories-ready formats.

• Do we still need to ask Nifflas for permission before we can use anything in the KSKP, or did Looki get some sort of blanket permission for the stuff included in the package?
  • When crediting, particularly for the music, would the correct credit be "[song name] by Nifflas, conversion by Looki" for each track?
  • Do any of those songs have actual names? There don't seem to be any in the metadata. (I have a clever idea in mind for properly crediting the music tracks if they aren't already titled...)

I can't just say "all music by Nifflas" because I'm also including some tracks by another composer who's fond of Creative Commons licensing.  ;)

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 10:43:17 »
When crediting, particularly for the music, would the correct credit be "[song name] by Nifflas, conversion by Looki" for each track?
[...]
I can't just say "all music by Nifflas" because I'm also including some tracks by another composer who's fond of Creative Commons licensing.  ;)
Well, to begin with, nifflas didn't make all the music for Knytt.
I think you would have gotten the names of the songs and artists if you downloaded them from here though.

(Seriously though, you should get your own music/tilesets instead of taking them from Knytt.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:30:34 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D