Electronic/Mechanical-themed tilesets?

• 9 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Electronic/Mechanical-themed tilesets?
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:10:00 »
I'm working on a level that takes place in a computer, and I'm looking for tilesets that give off a digital feel, or at least a mechanical one. I've got my eye on some of the "pixel" tilesets that come with Knytt Stories, but are there any other good mechanical or "computer-y" tilesets I could use?

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
Re: Electronic/Mechanical-themed tilesets?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:08:06 »
There are tilesets in Plural's "Orientation" that seem like they might be what you're looking for... not sure how many of them are for re-use off the top of my head though.

There's also Egomassive's 'Gray Matter' and 'Rust Bucket'; Elder's four 'Space' tilesets; and HeadGrinder's 'Rusted Industry' (and maybe the Curved Glass / Stained Glass / White City series, depending on how representational you want to get).

Neither Bulbapuck's 'Mystical Patterns' nor Grookie's 'Purrty Circlurz' were intended to represent high-tech environments, but I suspect they could both be repurposed for that kind of use. Of course there are any number of default tilesets that could be similarly repurposed...

Plus there's all the tilesets I didn't have handy or didn't think to look at. But hopefully these can get you started?  :)

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 05:45:54 »
Thanks for the tips! I can't seem to find Headgrinder's "Rusted Industry" or Bulbapeck's "Mystic Patterns", though. Do you have any idea where they could be found?

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 17:00:54 »
'Rusted Industry' is used in the "For Egomassive" level.

I honestly can't figure out where I found 'Mystical Patterns' though. (Though in searching for it I found another Bulbapuck tileset I hadn't had a copy of, whee!) And I can't remember how to attach images, or I'd just put it up for you...  :/

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 18:10:07 »
If you click on "Additional Options", you should see an option to attach a file at the bottom. Or you could host it on imgur or similar.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 18:34:52 »
Here are Mystical patterns.

And now some more tilesets I would recommend:
Blue and Orange by Salmoneous
High tech shipping 1+2 by Orion (I always liked most that part of IDotS where they were used)
High technicalities by NES
Factories by Emeraldfire and vdweller.
Tilesets from Industrial trap and some ones from Rememberance (I am not sure if they are free to use).

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 08:43:24 »
Thank you for all the tilesets, Polana! If you find any more, please post them here.

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 16:02:47 »
Here are some more I dug up.

I'm not 100% sure all of these are freely usable, but if nothing else you can use them for inspiration.

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 16:33:43 »
And some more, with the same caveat:

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 02:54:14 »
Thanks! I'm sure I'll find a use for at least some of these.