Neon Cave Tileset - Lewis Wolke

• 3 Replies

Offline lewiswolke

• Some people call me the space cowboy
    • View Profile
Neon Cave Tileset - Lewis Wolke
« on: July 16, 2014, 01:44:12 »
As of now I'm trying to make another level since so far Birch Forest is my only completed one.  As I make the tilesets for it I will post them here for public use.  This means that they are a work in progress and if I need to add something I will do so and then upload the updated version of the tileset.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 05:18:00 by lewiswolke »

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Re: Neon Cave Tileset - Lewis Wolke
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 00:01:57 »
I like the glowing cave formations, but it still seems a bit empty. That's only to be expected with a work-in-progress, though. I do really like the columns you made for the background tiles, and I'm looking forward to seeing the tileset when it's finished.

Offline lewiswolke

• Some people call me the space cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 03:50:21 »
You got any suggestions on things to add?  'Cause I don't really know what else one might find well wondering a cave besides some caverns and rock and stuff.

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:18:17 »
You got any suggestions on things to add?

Those sets of stalactite - column - stalagmite* tiles are gorgeous. But you seem, from the screenshot, to be intending those tiles for backgrounds only?

So, my suggestion:
Make scaled-up versions for foreground/on layer 3 use. Honestly, those shapes make me itch for custom-objects of their foreground versions...

You could also add in some accent tiles for the foreground, just a copy of a tile's regular version with an altered texture, or maybe a crystal growing from the side.

* Handy mnemonic: stalactites grow down from the top, like a V, while stalagmites grow from the ground up, like a Λ.

Actually, it's eggplant.