Medieval Times Square Tileset - LewisWolke

• 4 Replies

Offline lewiswolke

• Some people call me the space cowboy
    • View Profile
Medieval Times Square Tileset - LewisWolke
« on: June 09, 2014, 04:22:06 »
Hey guys, I'm back and this is a new tileset I made.  If you wanna use it, feel free (just make sure to tell me because I would love to see if anyone does anything with it).  

If anyone happens to make a level with this tileset I would recommend using this music here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiwuQ6UHMQg&feature=kp

The music is really good and the artist (Adrian von Ziegler) says in the description that you can use it for non-commercial use as long as you give him credit.

For the waterfall coming off the side of the platform I used custom objects to cover up part of the waterfall, they are uploaded below.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:52:38 by lewiswolke »

Offline lewiswolke

• View Profile
Re: Medieval Times Square Tileset - LewisWolke
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 12:27:52 »
I'm not really sure why I did it like that but I did make a hex level one time and it works out fine with a side-scrolling game you just have to place you tiles correctly.  I guess I just wanted to do something different.  Below I uploaded an example of how I use the hex tiles as platforms in a side-scrolling game.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:39:04 by lewiswolke »

Offline the Jack

• not *that* Jack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 04:05:39 »
Hey, I missed this before! It's really cleverly constructed. (And hardly the first isometric / hex / 2.5-D tileset anyone's made -- there are several included in the default tilesets!) In fact, I played a little environmental by Variad recently, "Warmth" (knyttlevels DL link) which included an isometric screen in an otherwise entirely-side-scrolling level, which actually worked surprisingly well.

Are you still thinking of maybe doing a hex level with it, after you finish your other level-in-progress? Also, what's your existing hex level called?

Actually, it's eggplant.

Offline lewiswolke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 22:39:45 »
I never made a hex level, just the tileset