Urban Tilesets?

• 8 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Urban Tilesets?
« on: May 30, 2014, 10:16:44 »
I'm making a level based in a shady underground city, and would really like some urban tilesets to use for it. In particular, I'm looking for any city tilesets with a bit of grit to them, like, say, Arcturus's Nowhere tileset, only not so gloomy. I'm already using Egomassive's tileset based on Nowhere; can anybody think of any other good city tilesets?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Urban Tilesets?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 21:01:30 »
I looked through my for-public-use tileset collection. I found a few that might work with Nowhere.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:51:15 »
I had Old City Winter and Sewers already, but not Old City Summer and Industrial Cityscape (or should that be Industrial/Cityscape?). Thanks! Although I'm not sure how to use I/C; do you have any examples you'd like to share?

EDIT: Okay, I think I have it figured out now. (I edited the original black lines in the bottom middle to be bluish-grey out of personal preference.) I don't know if I'll ever seriously use it, though; there's not really enough there for me to work with. (For one, I think it needs a lot more decoration.) But I'm sure I'll think of something. Are there any other urban tilesets I should know about? I'm also looking for a good shop/mall tileset, if that helps narrow it down any.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:11:20 by Healy »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 18:56:24 »
I didn't try to use Industrial/Cityscape myself. It looked good. I give you permission to use/rip graphics from Capitalism 2. There's some decent store interiors. They're meant to look modern and harsh rather than gritty.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 21:03:44 »
Hmm, I don't have Knytt Stories Plus. Could I install the game normally and then rip the graphics out of their folders, or would Knytt Stories complain if I tried to install it?

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 11:15:05 »
Hmm, I don't have Knytt Stories Plus. Could I install the game normally and then rip the graphics out of their folders, or would Knytt Stories complain if I tried to install it?

I think that will work! Install 'For egomassive' too while you're at it, there are some urban tilesets within that you might not have.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 23:20:56 »
There shouldn't be any problem installing. Most of the graphics you'll find in the Custom Objects.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 04:26:07 »
There's this one I made, though it's only really rooftops.
http://i.imgur.com/fTQdfxr.png
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 08:05:59 »
I just looked and it turns out that most of the graphics for Capitalism 2 do exist on 2 tilesets. I warn you, looking at these will spoil the level. Also, I know they say "Do not use", but I guess it's alright if people use them to make Knytt Stories levels.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:09:24 by egomassive »