So, I've started a blog.

• 11 Replies

Offline Santicol

• Knytt is awesome, and that's all I got to say.
    • View Profile
So, I've started a blog.
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:20:44 »
Hello Nifflas' Support Forum! I thought the best place to post about this was of course, here, because everyone here is nice and friendly as we all know.

So, yes, some may remember me, I'm just a guy that used to lurk around the forum doing random stuff. I don't know, maybe not that many people will actually remember me.. Oh well.

Anyways, I've started a blog. In fact I did, a few weeks ago, haven't posted that much since I feel like no one has been reading my blogs (which is, in fact, true; all the views that my blog have gotten have either been me checking it or my girlfriend checking it, I know, it's sad.) but, you know, I do want to make my blog way bigger and I feel like that's possible, I just need to get an audience. 

Now, I'd be really glad if you gave it a look and told me your thoughts or just general comments about it here. I'll be glad to take advice, requests or whatever.

I'm sorry if this seems like advertising, you know, perhaps it might be considered that, but I just like the idea of a blog, so, yeah.

So, here's the actual link to the blog: http://randomteenagerwithrandomopinions.blogspot.com/

Again, there's nothing much there so far and what there is is kind of... I don't know, depressing. But I swear I'll write more stuff and all.

Well, that's all!

Later.
PC Specs
Processor: AMD A8-3520M (Equivalent to a i5 Intel Core)
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G
CPU Speed: 1.6 GHz
RAM: 5.6 GB

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: So, I've started a blog.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 05:03:34 »
It reminds me of how it felt to be a young teen. I don't really like remembering what it felt like to be a young teen. *shudders* Do you want advice? Try telling a humorous story from your life.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 12:48:50 »
So I read your blog for some reason but couldn't comment because that shit site wants accounts I don't have.
Spoiler: here's my reply anyway (click to show/hide)

Offline Santicol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 14:28:16 »
So I read your blog for some reason but couldn't comment because that shit site wants accounts I don't have.
Spoiler: here's my reply anyway (click to show/hide)

I know, I know. The thing is, the fact that some people have worse problems than others doesn't make it any better for the person with the smaller problems. That is just my opinion. I don't cut anymore, thankfully, and I'm not really depressed anymore. When I was though, they were many things that made me feel that way.
PC Specs

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 15:56:44 »
I know people who've cut too and frankly, I'm too much of a chicken to cut myself or I might've myself. The fact that I know it'll hurt and there will be blood is enough for me to not do it. There are other ways to hurt ones self that are not leaving marks.

Regardless of this, its funny how you think no one reads your blogs because you didn't tell anyone. Now that you posted your blog, and we know about it, we can start reading about it. There are only 4 posts so its not like much reading material right now either.

My first recommendation would be to make future posts readable by adding enters here and there (like I did in this post.) When the story goes into a different direction or a deeper level, add 2 enters.

I would also recommend to blog about your entire life as if it were a diary (with of course not sharing your most inner secrets).

It is more entertaining for outsiders to read that than to only read when something negative has happened to you. Blogging basically is writing about what you experience, regardless of what it was.

You don't need to blog every day of course, but even if you do, and it is only a small: "today, I got up, went to school, it was boring, got home, eaten and went to bed. Yeah, not much happened." would be a post. Maybe share a joke once in a while if you don't have anything else to post.

If you want people to read your blog, make it interesting for them to read.

What people don't want to read is, how you are so sure that its not interesting. People will agree with you and move on.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Santicol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 23:01:18 »
I know people who've cut too and frankly, I'm too much of a chicken to cut myself or I might've myself. The fact that I know it'll hurt and there will be blood is enough for me to not do it. There are other ways to hurt ones self that are not leaving marks.

Regardless of this, its funny how you think no one reads your blogs because you didn't tell anyone. Now that you posted your blog, and we know about it, we can start reading about it. There are only 4 posts so its not like much reading material right now either.

My first recommendation would be to make future posts readable by adding enters here and there (like I did in this post.) When the story goes into a different direction or a deeper level, add 2 enters.

I would also recommend to blog about your entire life as if it were a diary (with of course not sharing your most inner secrets).

It is more entertaining for outsiders to read that than to only read when something negative has happened to you. Blogging basically is writing about what you experience, regardless of what it was.

You don't need to blog every day of course, but even if you do, and it is only a small: "today, I got up, went to school, it was boring, got home, eaten and went to bed. Yeah, not much happened." would be a post. Maybe share a joke once in a while if you don't have anything else to post.

If you want people to read your blog, make it interesting for them to read.

What people don't want to read is, how you are so sure that its not interesting. People will agree with you and move on.

Thank you for the advice! I'm not going to write stuff that I'm sure is not interesting nor I'm going to write that what I think I'm writing is not interesting because frankly I know there's no point for me to do that

But I really do want to thank you for the advice.
PC Specs

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 19:22:38 »
 O_o I should have read all the posts before saying it reminded me of my youth. I only read the first 2 which didn't say much of anything. I skipped the third post because the titles were uninteresting, and it was one big block of text. A giant block of text will turn readers away if you haven't gained their interest.

Offline Santicol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 22:48:32 »
O_o I should have read all the posts before saying it reminded me of my youth. I only read the first 2 which didn't say much of anything. I skipped the third post because the titles were uninteresting, and it was one big block of text. A giant block of text will turn readers away if you haven't gained their interest.

Tends to be my style of typing. Sorry!
PC Specs

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 23:19:06 »

Many teenagers seem to do that, and I strongly advise to stop doing it. It is a given that many people will skip large texts if they were written like that, because it is very hard to read and even tiring on the eyes.

Are you affraid you wear out your enterkey?

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Santicol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 23:28:03 »

Many teenagers seem to do that, and I strongly advise to stop doing it. It is a given that many people will skip large texts if they were written like that, because it is very hard to read and even tiring on the eyes.

Are you affraid you wear out your enterkey?

No, no. It's just I need to get used to trying to making the paragraphs a bit shorter. I'll do that.
PC Specs

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 15:13:16 »
So your next blogpost is going to be: "Today I learned my keyboard has more use for my enterkey than to confirm any selections I've made. I can actually create paragraphs! :nuts:"

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Santicol

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 16:04:41 »
So your next blogpost is going to be: "Today I learned my keyboard has more use for my enterkey than to confirm any selections I've made. I can actually create paragraphs! :nuts:"

Hey, that's an idea xD.
PC Specs