Need some help regarding secrets

• 17 Replies

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
Need some help regarding secrets
« on: April 10, 2014, 10:18:35 »
I've been trying to complete everything this game has to offer. So I spent the last weeks searching this forum for information about secrets and getting them myself. I'm making this topic for two reasons. First of all, there are two secrets I'm aware of, but haven't been able to complete yet, so if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Second, I'd like to know if there are any secrets I've missed. (Note: I'm using the Steam release of the PC version.)

So here are the two secrets I'm having trouble with (updated twice):

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

And here are the secrets I've found and completed (should I remember something I forgot to mention here, I'll add it) (updated three times):

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:05:49 by kilicool64 »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Need some help regarding secrets
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:36:48 »

That jump is almost impossible. If you can't pull it off, try not to worry, you're really not missing much.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 19:35:40 »

That jump is almost impossible. If you can't pull it off, try not to worry, you're really not missing much.

When I try to clear 100% of a game's content, I simply can't bring myself to skip any part of it, no matter how hard it is. Otherwise, it just doesn't feel like I've truly beaten it. So I'm going to continue trying to perform that jump until I finally make it. I just want to know if the way I'm trying to do it is right. Otherwise, I'll obviously never succeed.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 19:40:00 »
Have you tried changing the control scheme (Keyboard Layout) to Advanced? I don't recall using any special tricks to do make that jump, but maybe using slightly different controls helps.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 21:08:31 »
Have you tried changing the control scheme (Keyboard Layout) to Advanced? I don't recall using any special tricks to do make that jump, but maybe using slightly different controls helps.

I played the entire game with that control scheme, so that's not the problem. Is the way I'm trying to do the jump correct? I don't want to continue trying this for additional hundreds of times only to later realize that I was doing it wrong and wasted all my time.

Offline vsd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 12:46:00 »
2kilicool64:
hey, hai.
can you please explain how have you activated that:
this area of the disorder is the last part i have no idea how to get to without cheating.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 21:01:30 »
I played the entire game with that control scheme, so that's not the problem. Is the way I'm trying to do the jump correct? I don't want to continue trying this for additional hundreds of times only to later realize that I was doing it wrong and wasted all my time.

I think so, but I'm not sure as I did it quite a bit of time ago. I know for sure that there's no particular trick to it; I've just tried to make that jump again, but can't seem to succeed.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 14:02:30 »
2kilicool64:
hey, hai.
can you please explain how have you activated that:
this area of the disorder is the last part i have no idea how to get to without cheating.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 21:55:45 »
2. In the script file "Secrets.ini", there's an entry titled "[Dead End]" that I haven't been able to get yet. Anyone know what triggers it?

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 09:37:53 »
2. In the script file "Secrets.ini", there's an entry titled "[Dead End]" that I haven't been able to get yet. Anyone know what triggers it?

Thanks. I have no idea how, but somehow I made it up there. Still working on that insanely hard jump though. Wish me luck. Do you know of any other secrets that haven't been mentioned yet?

Also, I'd like to know if there are any hidden passages in Chapter 3's map that I haven't found yet. Could someone upload a screenshot of their map? Any hidden passages only usable through glitches are fine, too. I'd also appreciate screenshots of the maps for the first two chapters, in case I missed something in them.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 01:59:19 »
Do you know of any other secrets that haven't been mentioned yet?
Chapters 1 and 2 contain one hidden (i.e. reachable through a secret passage) room each, but these are trivial secrets that you probably know. Just in case:

Spoiler: Chapter 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chapter 2 (click to show/hide)

And there is indeed one not-so-obvious secret which is missing in your list: There is a hidden room in the Ask the characters of Knytt Underground mini chapter.
Spoiler: Hint (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:12:58 by PIGSgrame »

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 10:54:39 »
Do you know of any other secrets that haven't been mentioned yet?
Chapters 1 and 2 contain one hidden (i.e. reachable through a secret passage) room each, but these are trivial secrets that you probably know. Just in case:

Spoiler: Chapter 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chapter 2 (click to show/hide)

And there is indeed one not-so-obvious secret which is missing in your list: There is a hidden room in the Ask the characters of Knytt Underground mini chapter.
Spoiler: Hint (click to show/hide)

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 14:07:23 »
Regarding that infamous jump, see if this post by Nifflas can help you.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 09:49:51 »

Interesting. I'll give that method a try. Also, I've updated my first post.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 09:04:49 »

Interesting. I'll give that method a try. Also, I've updated my first post.

OMG! It worked! Thank you so much. So I was doing something wrong after all. It didn't actually take all that long. It was still very hard, but after about 50 tries or so I made it up there. Updated my first post.

I was planning to upload a screenshot of my map of Chapter 3 so people can tell me of any secret passages I missed. Unfortunately, my save data for that chapter got corrupted recently. In order to reach the secret that requires sequence breaking, I had to restart it, so I made a copy of the INI file for Chapter 3 before deleting it. Restoring it afterwards didn't work though. So I'm currently replaying it for the sake of filling out the map. Should be done in a few days.