Health System [misc/easy/small/KS+]

• 3 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Health System [misc/easy/small/KS+]
« on: March 31, 2014, 06:41:37 »
I was discussing with Salmoneous on his upcoming level, when I got an idea to use KS+ coins to create a health system. It's pretty much a hack with limited use, but it's interesting. The custom skull-coin graphics are worth the download.

Health System by egomassive 165 KB

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: Health System [misc/easy/small/KS+]
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 06:18:43 »
Ooh, this is a neat idea! I'm looking through it in KS+ now, and I can't seem to get how it works. How am I not dying when I touch the enemy?
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 06:33:01 »
Ooh, this is a neat idea! I'm looking through it in KS+ now, and I can't seem to get how it works. How am I not dying when I touch the enemy?
The enemies are on layer 7 with Overlay active. Overlay puts layer 2 between layers 6 and 7, but it also makes layer 7 stop interacting with the other layers. You'll see the fish and bird blockers surrounding them because they ignore the walls on layer 3. Another key point to note is Shift A will supersede Shift B when they are stacked, but only if the player has enough coins. I use this to decide whether to add damage or to kill.

I've developed a much better system already, one that doesn't rely on falling. It's so close to what I think Salmoneous is after, I don't want to release it without his consent. I'd hate to spoil his level before it's even made.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:14:44 »
The enemies are on layer 7 with Overlay active. Overlay puts layer 2 between layers 6 and 7, but it also makes layer 7 stop interacting with the other layers. You'll see the fish and bird blockers surrounding them because they ignore the walls on layer 3. Another key point to note is Shift A will supersede Shift B when they are stacked, but only if the player has enough coins. I use this to decide whether to add damage or to kill.
Oh, I see. :v That's pretty clever! So it's simply "Onoes, a (completely cosmetic) baddie! Got hit? Here, have a coin! Got three coins? Then I'm spawning a kill tile, go die pls."

Quote from: egomassive
I've developed a much better system already, one that doesn't rely on falling. It's so close to what I think Salmoneous is after, I don't want to release it without his consent. I'd hate to spoil his level before it's even made.
Ooh, I might have to check that out. c: Salmoneous has some pretty nifty levels.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.