The Community Tileset Project

• 254 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: The Community Tileset Project
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 01:30:52 »
I've removed my smaller versions of Sergio's crystal, and rearranged everything.

Aw, I never got to see it. How many tiles did it take up?
Here you go. They can go on horizontal and vertical surfaces. I'm not happy with the lighting on the ceiling crystal. Also, I thought they'd need many more similar pieces to give a good variety for caves of these crystals. Ultimately, I thought it was all too demanding on what others would do with their contributions, so I finished up Polana's concept freeing the last three contributors to do as they wish. Sergio's crystal can work as a set-piece like my skull.

ETA:
I noticed the skull betewen ego's and fubaka's version were slighty different. I assumed the one in ego's was the intended version and modified the tileset accordingly.
Ahem, I may have updated my tiles several times. You know how it is. As soon as you share something with the world, you find a million ways to improve it.

Edit: Crystals image is now in the OP.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 22:29:45 by egomassive »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 11:15:12 »
Sergio's crystal can work as a set-piece like my skull.

Yeah, that's OK. My crystal has a little versatility when overlaid onto itself, at least. Of course, I wouldn't object if the final participant decided they want to extend it.

Oh, and since the final participant misses out on a tile, I say they should get to name the tileset in the bar at the bottom, too!

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 14:35:52 »
Oh, and since the final participant misses out on a tile, I say they should get to name the tileset in the bar at the bottom, too!

From the very first post:

Upon completion, the last player gives it a name, and another tileset collage may begin.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 16:20:39 »
Before we finalize this tileset I have 2 remarks:
  • We should label it "KS use/edit OK" in the info bar. It's my standard, brief license indicating that it can be used freely, but only for Knytt Stories projects.
  • I preferred the original color of the platforms. The warm hue makes them stand out as platforms. Also, the tileset is almost too monochrome. Sure it can be mixed with another set for a splash of color, but the platforms were a subtle way to do it. Their construction requires mastery of ironwork, so I doubt they were built by the original inhabitants who carved the statues and columns. If the people who built them came from elsewhere, then so too could the materials they were constructed with.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 19:14:01 »
Just one last note here.  If tomorrow comes without an addition from someone, if you want to make the last addition, post here saying so.  The first person to do that will get the rights to finalize it.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2014, 11:47:32 »
Since it is more than three days from Firecat's addition, I will use my right and finish the tileset.
I want to create beginning of next one because I enjoyed making this a lot. I'll try to manage to do it today.

I add one-tile version of platform under grass and jumping flower. Like Egomassive, I preferred brown platforms, so I decide to make both version.

Edit: Removed both versions of tileset. They're now available in spoiler in first post.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 21:00:01 by Polana »

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2014, 20:36:24 »
Awesome!  It's all done!  Although you left in the "NONY" on the brown platform version. :P
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2014, 22:51:33 »
Okay. Corrected.
Now, are we going to make another one ?
I started to draw something, but I'm too shy to post it...

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 22:56:07 »
Now, are we going to make another one ?
I started to draw something, but I'm too shy to post it...
Aww, that's adorable. You make nice stuff Polana. I'm sure it'll be well received.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 23:35:31 »
Thank you  :oops:

So, let's start a new one. Rules will be the same as in the first case.
I don't want to start a new topic, because this one is well-established and sticky now, so I will keep the newest versions of the tileset in this post (similar system worked for level competitions).

Oh, and I promise I won't make any overgrown background stuff.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 19:49:46 by LPChip »

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2014, 00:04:07 »
Well done, me hearties!  The first tileset is finished!

Now that I know this project is feasible, let's kick it into high gear!  We now have two tilesets to work on at the same time!  Contribute what you can, where you can!

Love anything

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2014, 00:24:00 »
Here is my addition to Tileset #2:

• Finished the main block.
  • Added some 'grass' of two different colors to some top blocks.
  • Added my signature sign.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 15:11:12 by Fubaka »

Love anything

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2014, 06:54:37 »
So, with two tilesets in play, how exactly will this work?  Would I be able to make an addition to Tileset #2 AND Tileset #3 one after the other, or would I have to pick between one of them to add to when my turn came up?

Edit: Hmm.  I'm not sure if it was Polana or Fubaka, but I'm finding that my palette is extremely limited - in fact, it seems to be limited to only colors currently on the tileset.  I'm going to see if I can fix this, but I'm no expert.

Edit: #2:  Ah, the old-fashioned "copy-the-whole-thing-into-another-document" trick.  Of course.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:47:28 by Ultigonio »
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2014, 11:48:08 »
Can we have the finished tilesets in the first post? Either attached or in spoilers in [img] tabs?

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2014, 12:55:38 »
I think we can contribute to both tilesets independently, because Fubaka added stuff into tileset I started and on the same day he started #3.  
So I decided I can contribute to 3 now.
Edit: Tileset removed.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 15:02:17 by Polana »