« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 20:41:05 »
Ah! Sorry :P

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: The Community Tileset Project
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 18:44:11 »
Alright, since plenty of time has passed, here is my next addition to this tileset.  I thought to add some sort of sharp diagonal grass-like plants and make an alternate ground tile to accommodate it:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 21:57:03 by Fubaka »
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 23:07:30 »
I added a single block version of the crystal blocks, some chains, and some wooden bridge tiles. The chains were made to be used to hang blocks/bridges from the ceiling. I'm not sure if I like the two diagonal bridge tiles.

EDIT: Also the bridge tiles seem like they don't work well with bright backgrounds. Should I change how they look?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 23:37:33 by Caveflower »

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 23:18:03 »
I added a single block version of the crystal blocks, some chains, and some wooden bridge tiles. The chains were made to be used to hang blocks/bridges from the ceiling. I'm not sure if I like the two diagonal bridge tiles.

EDIT: Also the bridge tiles seem like they don't work well with bright backgrounds. Should I change how they look?

I think the diagonal parts would fit well if they were made simply to hang off the sides of the 'bridge' platforms.

Personally though, I wouldn't call them bridges at all.  I'd just hang them as short platforms using the chains.

Aside from that, I think the platforms you made are fine.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 23:40:58 by Fubaka »

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

Love anything

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 23:21:39 »
I think the diagonal parts would fit well if they were made simply to hang off the sides of the 'bridge' platforms.

I don't understand what that means? Can you explain in more detail?

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2014, 23:36:37 »
I don't understand what that means? Can you explain in more detail?

Love anything

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2014, 23:38:03 »
I get it now, I'll make an edited version. Thanks.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 23:41:33 »
I get it now, I'll make an edited version. Thanks.

You sure?  They seem to be fine as they are.

Love anything

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 00:17:04 »
I thought you were telling me you wanted me to make an edited version. I guess I won't since you seem to like it.

When you were talking about what they were made for, I was intending for stuff to possibly be used for what it wasn't made for, which you kinda did in the example screenshot.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 00:47:51 »
Nice grass Fubaka.

Offline Fubaka

• View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 02:38:56 »

Love anything

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 10:24:06 »
This tileset is gonna be one of the best.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 01:27:05 »
It's been 3 days without an update! I've revamped my plants to make them more versatile. I had a tile left, so I made one of the missing background tiles. I think we need 3 more tiles to complete Polana's concept.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 00:06:49 by egomassive »

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 23:38:36 »
If i read the rules right, I can make a new addition now. I used 6 tiles to make some kind of cristal pillars (I couldn't decide whetever to make an opaque or a translucent one, so i did both). And then i put some extra background pieces on the remaining 2 tiles.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 23:21:22 by Firecat »
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2014, 20:31:11 »
I've been glancing back at this topic frequently since its creation.  I kept trying to think of things to add, but kept on deciding against it.  Welp, here's what I came up with.  I used a three tiles for some extended platforms with a little chain bit to help them connect with the longer chain, more-or-less finished up Polana's background tiles, added a one-block-tall version of Firecat's opaque pillar, and, finally, used my remaining three tiles to create something actually new - some little crystal faces.  Two sleeping ones, happy and sad, and an awakened version of the happy one.  I decided to spend leave the awakened version of the sad one undone because I'm honestly not entirely sure about the eyes - part of me enjoys how horrifyingly disturbing they are, and the other part of me feels that I really ought to make them look a little more expressive, even if it only means widening the eyes by a pixel.

I've also added a screenshot to show how the slanted platforms would work (in case it wasn't clear).  I also did a lot of messing around - using the BG tiles in ways I don't think they were originally meant to be used (which, in this situation, looks pretty bad, but that's my fault), showing the differences between the opaque and transparent versions of the pillar, stuff like that.  I've also noted that a cave background would be nice, and something to change up that center block tile would be good, too.  

On one final note, it seems this tileset has awakened in me the desire to create incredibly non-linear levels, as this is probably the most open-ended screen I've ever made in my life - and I had a lot of fun putting it together!  In fact, I enjoy this screen so much, I'll probably end up using it in an actual level!  In any case, that's enough text from me.

(P.S. Ego's crystal flowers are awesome but incredibly unruly to get a handle on.)

Edit: Tileset removed, as per the rules.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 00:07:35 by Ultigonio »
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud