The Community Tileset Project

• 254 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: The Community Tileset Project
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2014, 05:28:55 »
O_o I'm the last to make a contribution on either set. Where are you guys? Well, here's an update to set 2. I'm going with the shrouded-in-mist look for distant terrain.

Apologies for the lateness.  I like your addition, ego, but unfortunately you went over the limit.  You did 10 squares.   :/
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2014, 10:12:21 »
Tell LPChip; Ego must be fined 10 stars!

(Guess what level I replayed last night.)

Actually, as they're ten very good tiles, I'd be inclined to let it slide. Maybe he should only do 6 next time he adds to that set.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 16:14:51 by Talps »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2014, 12:11:15 »
So... Fubaka must tell me, I should remove 10 stars from EgoMassive because he added 10 good tiles instead of 8?

Hmm... yeah makes sense... NOT lol :nuts:
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2014, 03:53:47 »
I like your addition, ego, but unfortunately you went over the limit.  You did 10 squares.   :/
That's embarrassing! :oops: It looked like 8 tiles to me. ... I read an article about a study that said highly intelligent people make more arithmetic mistakes than average people because they're overconfident.

Edit: Here, let me remove 2 tiles. ... There, that should do it. Problem solved. ... Oh look! It's been 4 days without an update. Guess I'll take another turn. Hmm, what should I make? ... How about 2 distant tiles identical to the ones I just removed, and a tree house that borrows tiles from the existing trees? ... Done! 8)

Edit: removed sample picture.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:46:09 by egomassive »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2014, 11:17:25 »
Gives a :hiddenstar: for the creative solution!

Edit: Wait... I was supposed to remove 10, and instead I add 1... oh well... XD :nuts:
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2014, 21:17:11 »
Here's my contribution to tileset 3. It kept bugging me that the column was unfinished, so I drew the top two pieces and made a couple ruined column tiles, because it is Knytt Stories law to put ruins in your tileset if you have any columns.  :P2 Also I isolated Polana's door from the wall because I totally forgot that she was gonna do that herself.  X) Sorry, Polana! Feel free to replace that tile if you want to.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to attach the tileset. Here it is (along with an example screen).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 21:18:47 by Healy »

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2014, 23:38:57 »
I'd personally vote for changing the rule to 'up to 8 tiles'. Or 'four to eight' or something.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2014, 04:41:49 »
I like the 8 tile rule. It keeps you from getting carried away.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2014, 12:31:37 »
yes so I broke the rule and got carried away I guess. I made an edit with um.. lets see.. 15 tiles. sorry.  I made a second background set, not meant to be compatible with ego's background but like just second background to add more depth. I tried with having the gradient fade only 2 tiles height but it didn't look as smooth. Anyway take it or leave it, up to you guys.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2014, 14:14:48 »
If doing that many tiles is a problem, I'll gladly 'take credit' for 7 of Salmoneous' tiles and add 1 of my own. I've also been at a loss for how to contribute recently, since this is the sort of thing I'd like to add...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 17:25:06 by sergiocornaga »

Offline Talps

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2014, 16:55:34 »
While I do feel that was rather excessive, I love the example screen far too much to complain.

It's the kind of set I'd invent a level concept just to use. If it was a cake I'd eat it.

Before the tree-house was added, I wanted to put in a house, but it would have been only 6 tiles. But I'll happily claim Sergio's 2x4 tall pink tree as my submission with the disclaimer that I can't edit into the set 'cus of translucency, but if I could I'd put the 2x4 beige tree one square right and slot the pink in next to it. (One of these days I'm gonna spend a long afternoon watching tutorial videos for paint.net on Youtube).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 17:05:26 by Talps »

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2014, 20:19:46 »
I decided to take this oportunity to put in 5 tiles i wanted to make put i couldn't think of anything to complete the set. Now Salmoneous needs to draw -2 tiles.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:33:28 by Firecat »
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2014, 13:39:02 »
new update for tileset 3.

I also rearranged the tiles in tileset 2 so more open space (now you can make house Talps) because I didn't think about that when I was making my edition. Does it look confusing? I think it kinda does. No new tiles.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2014, 03:07:40 »
Nice additions Salmoneous, except you lost the white parts. Here's the fixed version. You may have to change to a different forum theme to see the difference.

Edit: And now I've made additions to set 3. I added the last piece to my background bricks. I created a series of mushrooms pulling the colors from the flowers. The tall one is scalable and good for spring objects.

I've also gone back and filled in the translucent gaps between bricks with dark spots. I had questioned those translucent spots, and after seeing Salmoneous' test screen I knew they were a bad idea.
Edit: Removed tileset with mushrooms that was overlooked by Fubaka.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:45:20 by egomassive »