• View Profile
Teaser
« on: February 28, 2014, 17:54:36 »
Watch the teaser for our game!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 14:55:23 by Nifflas »

Re: Teaser
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 19:25:17 »
This looks really cool.

Good thing I'm planning to buy a WiiU in a few months. Any information about the way the controls work? How exactly is the special WiiU controller used in the game?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 20:17:41 »
The ship's internal computer is on the touchscreen, and you can configure all the various ship systems through it, as well as get information about things around you. It's central to the game to use this a lot.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:24:24 »
This game looks like it's going to be quite a marvelous addition to my WiiU library.

The sound design, from what was shown, looks perfect.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 23:55:40 »
The only possible reply to this is:

"NIFFLAS IN 3D!!!!"
and
"I can't stop laughing....no, really, someone get me some oxygen (har har)."

But in seriousness, it looks absolutely wonderful. The humor (and added sound-effects) in the trailer were perfect, and definitely remind me of something Nifflas would make. The other thing I loved was the 3D, or at least, the clever use of some limited 3D, with maybe 2D planes in the foreground and background? The lighting from the spaceship was clearly dynamic on the ground, which was awesome.

I don't have a Wii U... I was on the fence, but I'm pretty sure this is going to change my mind pretty quickly. I purposely waited on all the next-gen consoles, and nothing seems to be coming out that I care about....until now, at least.

And yes, the title is great. That should be the final title!

The only other thing I can hope for- Is a disc version. I'd buy it either way, but it would be so amazing to have a disc....yes, I'm weird.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 02:40:25 »
Thank you! Apart from the fog planes, almost everything is 3D. Any more complicated object is modeled and textured by either Casper Petersen or Simon Nielsen at Knapnok, but I'm doing nice progress on learning Blender and I'm making some of the game's simpler modelling. Lots of new territory for me, but working at an office with a team is is super exciting (plus I couldn't have wished for a a better team, everybody is both super nice and very skilled). It's also great fun being on a new development platform, Unity is amazing. So overall, everything is a quite new, a bit scary and very challenging, but all of those are good qualities :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:35:44 by Nifflas »

Offline Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 05:48:33 »
Damnit, Nifflas! Now I need to buy a Wii U. Stop being so awesome.

But in all seriousness, this looks amazing.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 19:59:51 »
This looks really darn good! And I liked the trailer music even if it sounds like it comes from other Nifflas games. This looks to be awesome and I wonder how all the music will turn out! I really need a Wii U.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 20:29:48 »
Pretty much the only thing i can think of is that Emulator (as in, the song) would be incredibly fitting for this game.

Also, Nifflas, will this game take place in the Knytt universe or in its own setting?

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 18:47:11 »
Looks great! C)p