I'm having a problem with tilesets!

• 4 Replies
I'm having a problem with tilesets!
« on: April 29, 2014, 20:01:22 »
When I create my own tilesets, I replace one of the existing ones but it causes problems on other levels. When I enter other levels, their tilesets have been replaced, and that causes problems.

Is there a way to just add new tilesets instead of replacing, or am I doing something else wrong?

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: I'm having a problem with tilesets!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 21:01:05 »
You shouldn't replace the Tilesets inside the Data folder. You should create a Tilesets subfolder inside the folder of your level (inside Worlds) and put your own Tilesets there: that way they'll override the default Tilesets with the same number, but only for your level, and, more importantly, when you export the level (.knytt.bin) they'll be added automatically.

This goes for custom Ambiance and Music as well.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 00:14:29 »
You shouldn't replace the Tilesets inside the Data folder. You should create a Tilesets subfolder inside the folder of your level (inside Worlds) and put your own Tilesets there: that way they'll override the default Tilesets with the same number, but only for your level, and, more importantly, when you export the level (.knytt.bin) they'll be added automatically.

This goes for custom Ambiance and Music as well.

Ah, that makes more sense. Thank you, good sir!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 00:38:33 »
Also, if you don't do this, and you pack your level, no one will see your tileset but the default one, causing your level to not work properly on  other people's pc.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 19:12:01 »
Also, if you don't do this, and you pack your level, no one will see your tileset but the default one, causing your level to not work properly on  other people's pc.

Yeah, with the knowledge I had at the time, I was curious as to how that would work. Thanks!