[Album] Proturian EP

• 2 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
[Album] Proturian EP
« on: February 12, 2014, 19:53:48 »
Haldo, Nifflasites!  It's been a while since I was last here, and thought I might show my face again with a short album in tow.  It's a collection of some of my favorites over the years, remastered at highest quality.  You can get it at the link below:

http://fubaka.bandcamp.com/

Tracklist (7):

1. The Veins of Enceladus; 07:06
2. New Embers (Remastered); 04:27
3. Ventilation; 02:41
4. Pelagus (Remastered); 05:14
5. Shafts of Consciousness; 02:54
6. Gazing Upon a Twilit Starfield; 07:20
7. The Septidecimal Lullaby; 17:00

Total Length: 46:42
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Mawrk

• View Profile
Re: [Album] Proturian EP
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 18:26:59 »
Loving the album art  :)

Loving the "Hello. I am a ghost. I make ambient music by possessing various objects and recording the sounds that they make as a result." description. You should build a myth with that, it really adds something to it.

Listening to the songs right now, but it sounds as something I'd wanna put on just before falling asleep, when time has gone to bed already. Really, the whole picture, with the ghost, and the sounds, it works.
Keep it up! :)

EDIT:

O my god.. 'Gazing Upon a Twilit Starfield'
this is really fine stuff sir.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 18:31:08 by Mawrk »

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
Re: [Album] Proturian EP
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 23:09:52 »
Nice work. For some reason, the strongly repeating notes like in "The Septidecimal Lullaby" interfere with my thoughts and with my relaxing, but everything else is great.

"Gazing upon a Twilit Starfield" is indeed great! And, heh, I imagine it being a background in Minecraft, at night. On peaceful mode.

Actually, I am reminded of the music in a game called "Proteus": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZJpS_YYkhY