Moon Moon Moon - I Want! I Want! (an album deeply inspired by Knytt Stories)

• 5 Replies

Offline Mawrk

• View Profile
Hey y'all,

I had to make a new account because my old one somehow got lost (the username was Lohmann or something). But as a child/teenager I spent most of my days in the Knytt Stories level editor and on this forum.
The few past years I've been recording music in my bedroom, and I noticed that there's a lot of cozy scenes and thoughts that I'm certain grew out of that game. I thought maybe I'd share it with you

My little art project is called Moon Moon Moon, and I'm trying to kinda create more than just music alone:

https://www.facebook.com/moonmoonmoonart

www.themoonmoonmoon.bandcamp.com

-Mark

ps: added a little drawing I made

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:07:13 by Mawrk »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Pretty nice! I'll admit I couldn't hear the Knytt Stories influence, but I wasn't really listening out for it (and it may not be something it's possible to hear), so I'll just trust you that it's there.

Offline Mawrk

• View Profile
Pretty nice! I'll admit I couldn't hear the Knytt Stories influence, but I wasn't really listening out for it (and it may not be something it's possible to hear), so I'll just trust you that it's there.

Thanks for listening!
The Knyttness, if you will, can mostly be found in subjects of the songs.
For example, the whole romanced scene of little houses with them little yellow windows started with knytt. I just turned it into a metaphor for something else.

'Yellow' windows in knytt stories:

A lot of cozy thoughts grew out of this game, :)

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
You're very good at this. Everything has a very clean, clear, full sound. I don't like the constant strained whisper-y voice, and I have trouble understanding the lyrics, but I know that's part of your style here. Nothing wrong with that.

"3 AM" is calming my troubled mind right now. :)

"Oh night, oh night" is super!

I've heard this style before, but I can't name any bands.

This is a very good album.

Offline Mawrk

• View Profile
You're very good at this. Everything has a very clean, clear, full sound. I don't like the constant strained whisper-y voice, and I have trouble understanding the lyrics, but I know that's part of your style here. Nothing wrong with that.

"3 AM" is calming my troubled mind right now. :)

"Oh night, oh night" is super!

I've heard this style before, but I can't name any bands.

This is a very good album.

Hy there!

Thanks for listening and taking the time to write a few words :)
My voice isn't really made for singing so I'm partly doomed to whisper forever, but I turned it into the style for the music, yes!

I'll release a little lyrics booklet, printed and online, soon. So if you're interested, I could keep you noted via:
https://www.facebook.com/moonmoonmoonart

Also, I would encourage you to share it with ALL the friends you have because I have some trouble 'getting it out there'. But I know how annoying it is when people ask that of you so I'm just gonna turn off my laptop now and run away awkwardly.

Thanks!

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
Putting some of your music on Soundcloud might help a little bit with publicity: http://loveandlightmusic.com/how-to-get-more-soundcloud-followers