Put a more "serious" focus on this awesome world in the next game please!

• 2 Replies

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
    • Wikia wiki for all Nifflas' Games
OPINION UPDATED! - Played the game a second time through in a different way and most of this post doesn't apply anymore, especially the complaints.

I just finished Knytt Underground on the Vita (which is the best port IMO, thanks to the convenient controls and nice little features like moving the background scenery with the rear touch panel.) :)

The best quality of this game is the exploration of that serene underground world and its mystery, complemented by the beautiful music. So many thanks for making a vast environment like that! It's a perfect game to relax with.

Now the complaints... (SPOILER ALERT!)

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

:rosa: Some requests and suggestions...

The Underground world and its sci-fi + fantasy history has a LOT of potential. I LOVED all those nameless little types of creatures in the background. <3

You could do a lot with that setting! Please let us return to that world in your next game, and preferably make it less arcade/puzzle-like but more about adventure and discovery, and hopefully with a more serious epic story.

P.S. Please try to update the Vita version!

(wow the "msg" number for this post is 66666! Do I win anything?)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 23:33:12 by Wrenbot »
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
I'm sorry, due to very complicated reasons including an ended partnership, the PSN versions won't be updated despite that I'd really like them to be. All I can do is offer the a copy of the win/mac/linux versions for everybody who has purchased the PSN version. As for the ending, the more quests you complete in the game that are directly related to the fairies, the more the ending elaborates on those.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:01:04 by Nifflas »

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
    • Wikia wiki for all Nifflas' Games
After taking a break from the game I went back and explored the rest of the map, visiting every single cell, and got as many secrets as I could (including the accursed Figure Space) and I gotta say:

The game was definitely more about enjoying the journey than rushing to the destination, and it was absolutely worth it. <3

So please disregard the title of my original post and please keep making wonderful worlds for us to get lost in. It's perfectly okay if there is no grand story or concrete conclusion, as long as the journey is as beautiful as Knytt Underground. :oops:

Eagerly looking forward to your future games.
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!