I love the game, but... any updates for PSN?

• 4 Replies
I love the game, but... any updates for PSN?
« on: January 23, 2014, 14:47:12 »
Hi Nifflas!

First off, I need to say that I absolutely love the game. To this day, I've been slowly exploring the map and hunting for trophies since the day it came out (and that was over a year ago!) and I still can't get enough of it! The visuals and audio are absolutely gorgeous.
In short, thank you so much for this beautiful game!

I'm playing KU on my Vita, and I'm wondering, if there are any updates planned for the PSN version of the game? Not necessarily in the foreseeable future, but rather — if at all planned? There are probably some bugs to be fixed (e. g. the green button being put "on hold" while off-screen), and extra content is always a good thing.
I know that those who have a PS3/Vita version can get a mac/win/linux copy to experience the extra content (such as Infinity Hype), and that's really great, but does it mean that the PSN version is considered to be final and will not be updated?

Will be looking forward to getting your reply! Thank you!

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: I love the game, but... any updates for PSN?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 17:27:22 »
The PSN version was ported by Ripstone, so it's up to them to update it. Last time this was asked, Nifflas didn't know of any plans about it.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 13:13:23 »
Actually, it was ported by Green Hill. Me and them aren't partners any longer, so I don't think there will be an update. This is the main reason I offer the Win/Mac/Linux version (both for Steam and regular download) for everybody who has the PSN versions.

Me and Ripstone are partners and Mathias' ports (Win/Mac/Linux/Wii U) are kept up to date.

Offline Wrenbot

• View Profile
    • Wikia wiki for all Nifflas' Games
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 12:49:00 »
Actually, it was ported by Green Hill. Me and them aren't partners any longer, so I don't think there will be an update.

Wait, no update ever? :sad:

That's a damn shame. If it wasn't for Knytt being discounted on Playstation Plus I would have never discovered this awesome game. The Vita version was great in how it used the touch controls, including the rear touch pad for moving the trees and other scenery in the background.

Can't you do something with the PS source code and update it yourself? It can't be that different from all the PC/Mac/Wii versions, or is this more about legal crap?
Check out the wiki at Nifflas.Wikia.com and help out! It needs entries and screenshots for characters, lore, secrets and easter eggs!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 14:25:50 »
The PS Source code (even though it is not at all in the hands of Mathias) uses a completely different approach. The game was written from scratch to achieve the same thing. Only the levels were sort of copy/pasted (well they still need to be adapted) but Ripstone has that sourcecode, not Nifflas nor Mathias. So its out of the question.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex