[Normal-Very Hard] [Massive Challenge/Playground] [KS+] Azure Serenity

• 32 Replies

Offline ortoslon

• View Profile
Re: [Normal-Very Hard] [Massive Challenge/Playground] [KS+] Azure Serenity
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 12:24:14 »
played for 20 minutes, felt what Salmoneous wrote, and quit when annoyance at ubiquitous blinking lights outweighed desire to see the next screen

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 13:47:37 »
One of the most beautiful levels I've played for sure! Still in the process...

I'd say you have a formula here that isn't working but I'm not the person who much appreciated the bigger sandbox levels like gaia and trek.
And Mashu Prapa ;)

For those who want to make error reports I suggest using the F12 key. It displays the screen coordinates.
Funny, that's exactly what I made locally in KS Ex. The map cheat is a good idea!
I modified KS+ to play this level with 2-pass rendering, because 1-pass is too slow there. Also changed death delay as I like.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 13:52:17 by GrayFace »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 23:40:46 »
I modified KS+ to play this level with 2-pass rendering, because 1-pass is too slow there.
Can't you set the level's format to 2, and get the same result? I don't recall any KS+ features that wont work with a level labeled format 2. However, I have been considering making the render method optional for KS+ levels.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 21:09:59 »
I think I've been everywhere or almost everywhere. Now I have no idea where to find 3 creatures and 5 coins that are left. Extended credits don't help at all. All they say is location name which is useless. I haven't noticed two of the creatures in them anyway.

Can't you set the level's format to 2, and get the same result?
I haven't tried.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 22:56:38 »
I have encountered two bugs, one of them major. Firstly, there is a girl near the top of the right hand side of Sakura City (I can't give coordinates because my KS+ won't let me edit it) who walks through a wall on the left of the screen. The screen has a wall-walking spike, if that helps identify it.

Secondly, the whole level has become very dark. I think a dark overlay was applied when I went to the bottom room of the passage between the snow place and the Apocalypse Guild and was not removed again when I left the snow area.

ETA: going back to that room and leaving by foot upwards fixed the problem, which I assume arose because I warped out.

There is a void screen in the corner of the downward bend of the Valley of the Frozen Moon. The top right screen of its dark blue portion does not match the screen below leading to wallswim.

ETA^2: the first room of the Overwhelming Citadel (the place above the Cascade Sector with all the blue pipes ) appears entirely separately from the rest on the map. In that room, it is the only thing visible; in any other part of the are that room is missing from the map.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 23:24:27 by Chrysophylax »
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 04:01:55 »
Done it :) The map helped me out. Extended credits actually helped me find the coin I missed. I was wrong, the name of a place can be searched in world.ini, so it is helpful.
I liked it a lot. I think it involves too much backtracking though, in part because the hubs are very sparse, so getting back to the hub system becomes a big problem.
Here's an archive with some little bugs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44735333/ks/AzureBugs.rar
There are 2 spelling errors, but I'm not sure they aren't intentional. The rest are voids and wall-swims. If some screens don't make it clear, I'll explain how the voids are reached.

I can't give coordinates because my KS+ won't let me edit it
I'm sure egomassive would like you to elaborate on it. As for coordinates, F12 key shows them.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:03:26 by GrayFace »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 06:15:20 »
I can't give coordinates because my KS+ won't let me edit it
I'm sure egomassive would like you to elaborate on it. As for coordinates, F12 key shows them.
It's not enough information for me to diagnose the problem. Are you using the KS+ level editor Chrysophylax? Anyway as GrayFace says, while you're playing the game normally you can see where you are with the F12 key.

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 16:25:41 »
Queries: is it possible to acquire the hologram without paying for it? Is it possible to reach the room immediately below the enterable houses in the extreme west? (There are four green rooms in a horizontal line on the map and a single room below that I can't find a way into.) Is it possible to view the whole map at once? If not, could a fully-explored map be posted, please?

Edit: I now have a working editor and can see that it is a post-purchase versioon of the shop.

Are you using the KS+ level editor Chrysophylax? Anyway as GrayFace says, while you're playing the game normally you can see where you are with the F12 key.

KS+ normally allows the player to see Juni's coordinates with F12. My version doesn't for reasons unknown. I'm using KS+ 0.9.1.0. I don't have the KS+ editor.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 21:31:08 by Chrysophylax »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 16:51:49 »
KS+ normally allows the player to see Juni's coordinates with F12. My version doesn't for reasons unknown. I'm using KS+ 0.9.1.0.

Downloading the latest version should fix this problem (and could generally result in a better experience of this level). Is there a reason why you're using an old version?

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 21:29:02 »
Bug: I went to x989y1008, the location of the seed-spitting gold creature in Ancient Veldt according to the credits, but could not find the creature. It does not appear on that screen in the editor and is not in my inventory.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 17:43:12 »
@ Chrysophylax: The credits just indicate the area of the collectible, not the exact screen. Try looking around that area.
Spoiler: Hint (click to show/hide)

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 11:17:53 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Is it possible to view the whole map at once? If not, could a fully-explored map be posted, please?
It's in the first post: http://imageshack.com/a/img837/9206/2or5.png
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 14:40:14 by GrayFace »

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 02:34:35 »
Level complete, all items, cats, coins and gold creatures collected. A very nice job! It would be helpful if Shreeps' house contained a warp to an explorable annotated map a la Exquisite Knorpse 2. It would also be helpful if the credits showed the true position of each gold creature and if the entances and exits of areas were marked on the map in some way, perhaps by being coloured differently.

I explored the entirety of Moonlit Bluffs and the Enchanted Castle by hand, by teleportation and by map teleportation. I walked over every single floor tile. I examined the level in the editor. At no point did I encounter the golden lizard; I had to get it from the credits to progress. I also observe that I collected 50 of a (presumed) maximum 51 creatures: there is a creature on the left, a bump-headed squat biped adjacent to the horizontally-flying spiky thing, the wall-crawling shooter of trios of pink projectiles and the snail, that does not appear in the inventory of my completed file.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 14:39:38 »
It was one of those I haven't found as well, it's at x983y1003. The others were the one at x946y1001 and the toast (which I obviously found, but only before I got the hologram).
Also forgot this bug: a laser interacts awkwardly with an invisible block at x1014y1056.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 14:47:41 by GrayFace »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2014, 06:09:14 »
I also observe that I collected 50 of a (presumed) maximum 51 creatures: there is a creature on the left, a bump-headed squat biped adjacent to the horizontally-flying spiky thing, the wall-crawling shooter of trios of pink projectiles and the snail, that does not appear in the inventory of my completed file.
Sorry, that was a bug in KS+. It was in the wrong spot, overlapping one of the plants in the inventory display. I fixed it recently after I ran into the problem while playing this level. There are only 50 creatures.