[Platformer/Metroidvania] Momodora 2

• 6 Replies
[Platformer/Metroidvania] Momodora 2
« on: January 12, 2014, 17:14:37 »
"Momodora II is a 2D exploration-platformer and the sequel to my previous game, Momodora. It's about banishing monsters with a magic maple leaf, and praying to gods. There are also multiple endings.
 The game is programmed in Game Maker 7, with sound effects by DrPetter's SFXR and music by Elektrobear."

It may only be compatible with Windows.

I also managed to find the first Momodora, and there might still be a third in development.

If anyone needs help you can ask me. I got all(?) endings and almost 100% completion.

Download Link

Link to Webpage
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 17:18:17 by Caveflower »

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: [Platformer/Metroidvania] Momodora 2
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 23:05:29 »
I remember playing the first one, but gave up on it for some reason; maybe it was too hard?

I might try this one out. What's the difficulty like?
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 23:15:52 »
I remember playing the first one, but gave up on it for some reason; maybe it was too hard?

I might try this one out. What's the difficulty like?

I think the difficulty is medium or hard, I had some trouble with the bosses. Tip: save most of your throwing items for the bosses.

Maybe you gave up on Momodora 1 because of the game crashing. I've had some trouble with that happening.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 21:20:53 »
Just beat it. This game was rather neat, actually.

One thing, though: How was i supposed to know that you need to hold the down arrow key in front of all 4 statues in order to get to the Ivory Underworld?

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 22:29:37 »
Just beat it. This game was rather neat, actually.

One thing, though: How was i supposed to know that you need to hold the down arrow key in front of all 4 statues in order to get to the Ivory Underworld?

I figured it out pretty quickly when I played the game, but maybe it's a design flaw. I may have only known from reading about the game before I played it. Maybe I found out through luck, experimentation, and looking at the control screen.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 06:48:54 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
I normally don't try to get secret endings unless i know how to get them. Thanks for telling me.
(And yet i still found the huge Star World shortcut in Super Mario World. Go figure.)

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 20:50:03 »
I think the difficulty is medium or hard, I had some trouble with the bosses. Tip: save most of your throwing items for the bosses.

Maybe you gave up on Momodora 1 because of the game crashing. I've had some trouble with that happening.

Thank you. I've finally got around to trying it, and realized I remembered wrong: it was actually Momodora 2 that I played (don't think I've ever played the first one; I only played Bubblegirl Rozy, from the same author).

I've also remembered why I gave up: pretty high difficulty combined with controls I'm not quite comfortable with - I could try using JoyToKey this time. The game did crash on exit for me, but compatibility settings kicked in automatically, so now it doesn't do it anymore.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone