[Album] DeepWarmth - Nature

• 6 Replies

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
[Album] DeepWarmth - Nature
« on: January 04, 2014, 00:09:30 »
For those of you who are long time visitors of the forum, you might remember that I make music. Late last year, I got my first physical release on Cd over at Entropy Records called Nature. Five long tracks of Ambient Techno/Drone Techno to chill with. Layers of sounds create something I'm pretty proud of and this is also out digitally. So if you want something to get lost in, or just to relax with, I think Nature can fit the bill pretty well. I link to the bandcamp page where you can hear the entire album and has a link where to buy it.
http://entropyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/deepwarmth-nature
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: [Album] DeepWarmth - Nature
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 14:29:14 »
I've listened to it, but to be honest, this just isn't my kind of music.

I'm not an ambient/drone kind of person. Sorry.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 19:30:20 »
It's too slow. Nothing ever happens. Even for ambient music it feels really slow. Some people like that sort of music. It makes fine background music, but it's not the sort of thing I like to actively listen to. If it even had just a little bit of melodic nature - just some wandering notes - I would probably like it a lot more.

You should download the Torchlight II Soundtrack (it's free!), I think you would like it: http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2012/09/18/the-torchlight-ii-soundtrack/ It's even a little slow/ambient for my tastes, but there is a lot more going on in the music which makes it more interesting/flavorful.

I hope this information is useful and not discouraging!  C)

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 19:48:12 »
I don't think the purpose of this particular music is to actively listen; it seems to me to be more along the lines of music to fall asleep to or to put on in the background while working on something.

I still have yet to give this a listen! I'll get back with my own thoughts once I do.
grao!

Offline vdweller

• JapanStache!
    • View Profile
    • vdweller's freeware games
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:37:24 »
Ambient music is not for everybody, in much the same sense that Death Metal or Dubstep isn't.

However, many people (such as me) find such music relaxing/soothing and extremely suitable for a creative background while working on something. In extreme cases, ambient/drone music or any "background" genre may provide inspiration for one's creative hobby, such as a game, story or animation concept.

Anyway, great tracks! Definitely suitable for an atmospheric game!

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 21:59:16 »
Ambient music is not for everybody, in much the same sense that Death Metal or Dubstep isn't.
Yes, certainly true.

Okay, I've tried working, studying, and relaxing with this music in the background. So here are comments in that regard:
Liquids - It's perfectly fine as a background until the drum starts. The drum to me feels like somebody thumping on my brain - it really annoys me and distracts me from what I am doing. Later on the drum quiets down (or the rest of the music becomes louder), which helps to remove the negative effect.
Snow - Ahhhh. Sooo soothing. I think I see now how this music should be appreciated. :) The percussion is a little distracting, but not bad.
Dusk - This tracks sets a neat atmosphere. I like the percussion in this one. It works well for background music and relaxing music.
Fields - The drum beats are soft, but something about them makes my ears feel weird (listening with earbuds). It's kinda annoying, like somebody is tapping on my ear drums. (Maybe the music volume drops with each drumbeat, like from compression?) The drumbeat also makes me feel nervous for some reason. :S
Stars - Very relaxing, though the drums again feel like they are tapping on my ear drums.

All in all, personally for me, they are all great for relaxing except for the percussion parts of some of them. I think it is good to have percussion join the track at some point, but for some reason the particular percussive effect bothers me. It is a very strong, active feeling percussion, that interrupts the slow, chill atmosphere. That's how I feel. Somebody tell me that I'm crazy. :P

My favorite is "Snow".

I tried listening to the music while reading portions from "The Chronicles of Narnia", but the music seemed to lock my mind in an atmosphere not compatible with the story. Grin.

Edit: I should mention that I'm not finding fault in the arrangement, only in the mixing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 20:13:43 by kritter »

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 00:50:37 »
Thanks for taking the time to listen. I only have a really bad pair of earbuds(as far as those go), so I never check mixes out on them. Still everyone has a different favorite track. Mine is Fields. There were actually 2 tracks that had more techno rhythms that got pushed to other albums in the series. Still glad you listened. Means a lot.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud