Kritter's Digital Music

• 5 Replies

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
Kritter's Digital Music
« on: August 23, 2012, 22:19:53 »
I created a Newgrounds account and uploaded a couple of digital compositions I recently made.

http://krichotomy.newgrounds.com/

Blizzard on the Ice Cap is a (surprise surprise) remix of the Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Ice Cap Zone Act 1 theme. I took a slow orchestral emotional approach.

Wilderness is an original composition with more energy in it. I don't really know what else to say about it. It is interesting.

I used Linux MultiMedia Studio on Lubuntu to make these. That software seems terribly buggy, about the same as my experience with Inkscape (for vector graphics). But it is free and it does work. Though sometimes I find myself having to use workarounds instead of the original sounds I had planned when the software bugs out with them. Good thing I prefer working under limitations than with an infinite palette.  :crazy:

Find more detailed descriptions on the song pages on Newgrounds.

Update: I've uploaded some more music now. Go to my Newgrounds page to see all of them, or my Soundcloud page to just see the best ones.  8) Or just open this spoiler for embeded Soundcloud thingies.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:01:07 by kritter »

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
Re: Kritter's Digital Music
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 08:58:06 »
Good stuff! wilderness is pretty sweet, it kept reminding me of this song for some reason, but also 70's electronica in general.
Sorry for late response, I missed this. But totally keep it up!

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:06:49 »
Update: I've uploaded some more music now. Go to my Newgrounds page to see all of them. Go to my Soundcloud page to just see the best ones.

Ikachan Theme Remix - Thanksgiving Edition - You know, the theme from that cute freeware game by Studio Pixel. Made with Rytmik on my Nintendo 3DS.

Moon - Melancholy music made with Linux MultiMedia Studio.

The Princess is Not Dead Yet - A remix of "Pavane for a Dead Princess". This is reserved for use in a certain Knytt Stories level so please do not use it in your own KS levels yet. Made with Linux MultiMedia Studio.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:02:59 by kritter »

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 20:46:41 »
Lost Winter - Wintry orchestral-ish music!

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 23:18:15 »
Talk about a year-plus bump, wow.

I've listened to a couple of these, and I like them a lot so far! Lost Winter is quite nice; it reminds me (vaguely) of some of the battle themes from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, though that may be simply because I'm particularly fond of that game.
grao!

Offline kritter

• Curly Tree!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 19:22:25 »
Glad you like them!

Talk about a year-plus bump, wow.

Before this topic, I made a topic about some music 2009.  C) Matter of fact, you commented on it: http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=1862.0

Music is my main ambition, but college (now graduate school, Mechanical Engineering) leaves me drained of motivation to make things and post things. :sad: