NEW TILESET - Chinese Architecture - by Davidwat

• 8 Replies
NEW TILESET - Chinese Architecture - by Davidwat
« on: December 29, 2013, 21:54:11 »
Hello everyone! Happy new year!  :)

This is my very first tileset with 10 chinese-inspired houses/buildings/temples and some other stuff aswell.

Please tell me what you think! And feel free to use it, and do whatever you want with it~

Re: NEW TILESET - Chinese Architecture - by Davidwat
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 22:46:22 »
 In my opinion, it looks fantastic.
Not only it fits with the theme so well, but the buildings are perfect for placing in the background of Chinese themed towns/ cities or just Chinatown.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 23:50:42 »
Your pixel art skills are superb. Those buildings are fantastic. The ground tiles look good too, but they're not well suited to game design. You should be able to create rectangles of any size and shape.

PS: Welcome to the forum. :)

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 01:54:53 »
Thank you both, you're being far too kind!  :O

@egomassive Doh! I just noticed it.. Didn't think about it at all when i created it >< Ohwell, this was my first Tileset ever, but i'll do better next time, i have much to learn. Thank you! :)

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 12:04:32 »
It's beautiful and very detailed tileset, true piece of (pixel) art ! However, it might be difficult to use it. Your buildings are solitaires, they doesn't look like a city, just like a row of random buildings. It will work perfectly in combination with some landscape tileset.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 12:58:49 »
Great buildings I am impressed. Though I think it'd be better increasing the size 2x or more since they don't fit ks proportions.

I think they'd work well for background decoration currently.

Welcome, Davidwat! I like this a lot and hope you make more tilesets. I find a good way to develop a functional tileset is to start making a level with an unfinished one and fill in the tiles as needs become apparent.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 13:00:42 by sergiocornaga »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 03:01:11 »
I combined this set with my own stuff (some carefully made long ago and some hastily scribbled moments ago,) and created this example screen.

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 16:59:23 »
Wow, Ego, that looks great. o:

This is a really nice-looking tileset, Davidwat. As others have said, welcome to the forums! You've got skill; we're looking forward to more from you.
grao!