Healy's Holiday Selections (Small, Easy, Mostly Environmental)

• 1 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
I am working on a level for Talps' Christmas level competition, but since it looks like I won't be able to finish it by Christmas, I thought I'd showcase some small levels I made that I haven't talked about here as a kind of... stocking stuffer, I guess?

Anyway, first off is Wreck Christmas, which is the latest of all the levels showcased here. It's a kind of semi-sequel to the earlier A Very Knytt Christmas, sort of? I made it because I was feeling a lot of anxiety, some of it related to the holidays, but most of it just concurrent to them. I finished it in January for the GDC Pirate Kart, when I was still anxious about stuff. Content Warning: Some mild swearing and an awful song.

Second, we have the very first and second levels I ever completed, Juni's Winter Wonderland (Knytt Levels link) and In the Subway (Knytt Levels link), respectively. I think In the Subway is the better game here, but I do like some of the screens I made for Juni's Winter Wonderland, like the some of the town scenes, and the very last screen. (If you're wondering about the filename for In the Subway, I had originally conceived it as a very different game, a pure challenge level with a disco backing track. But I was very inexperienced at the time and couldn't pull it off, plus I couldn't find an appropriate disco track.)

Last and least, we have Thankshiving (Knytt Levels link), which is probably the shortest level here. It's also the only one to have any challenges in it, but as it's a silly joke game it's still pretty easy. I've thought about making a sequel to it one day, but I couldn't think of where else to take it.
Actually, now that I think about it, Thankshiving 2: Christmas Boogaloo would make an excellent title. And I could probably finish it in a few hours and release it late tomorrow for Talps' competition. Hmmmm...

Anyway, hope you enjoy these, and have a happy holiday!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: Healy's Holiday Selections (Small, Easy, Mostly Environmental)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 11:02:58 »
Actually, now that I think about it, Thankshiving 2: Christmas Boogaloo would make an excellent title. And I could probably finish it in a few hours and release it late tomorrow for Talps' competition. Hmmmm...

Good idea! I have no plans to enter the competition myself, but just in case, I'll offer any assistance I could provide in the event that something prevents you from completing the level.