Imaddo's Red Furniture Christmas remix

• 7 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Imaddo's Red Furniture Christmas remix
« on: December 17, 2013, 06:18:24 »
This is my second tileset edit (my first was a fall edit for Fredrik Anderson's Rough Sea Landscape). I'm not entirely happy with it and it looks rather homely, but it has just about everything I want out of it so I'm releasing it here.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or complaints please speak up! I know it doesn't look very nice, so I could use some advice on that front. And I didn't change a whole lot. Maybe I should make some more additions. I've attached an example of its use (along with a few tiles from The Lost Cave, also by Imaddo).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 13:24:16 by Healy »

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
Re: Imaddo's Red Furniture Christmas remix
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 13:51:53 »
It's so cute and makes me wanna make green remix of this tileset.  :hiddenstar:

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 22:51:37 »
Thanks! I wasn't sure if anyone would like it. I'm still not happy with parts like, say, the mistletoe, but I think it might "work" for the level I'm making.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:50:36 »
It's very cute, I especially like the television show that's playing. One big improvement you need is black outlines. Immado's stuff has them, but yours do not. It makes yours look out of place.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 15:17:49 »
One big improvement you need is black outlines. Immado's stuff has them, but yours do not. It makes yours look out of place.

Technically, Imaddo's foliage is outline-free, though!

If you should decide to make improvements, Healy, black outlines for the Christmas trees at least could be good. And I can't help noticing that the star has a gap in the outline at the top. But it's pretty good as-is.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 00:24:53 »
One big improvement you need is black outlines. Immado's stuff has them, but yours do not. It makes yours look out of place.

Technically, Imaddo's foliage is outline-free, though!

If you should decide to make improvements, Healy, black outlines for the Christmas trees at least could be good. And I can't help noticing that the star has a gap in the outline at the top. But it's pretty good as-is.
Thanks, guys. The reason why there aren't any black outlines is because I just flat out ran out of room for some of them. Like the star that you mentioned. I will take your ideas under consideration should I decide to spend more time with this tileset, though. Right now I just want to finish the level I'm working on.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 13:44:42 »
Double post! I know I said I would stop working on this for the time being, but I couldn't sleep last night, so I made a few alterations, which you can see in the first post. The most significant is the addition of Charlie, the Christmas Radio! I've always thought the radio in the Furniture tilesets looked kinda like a face, so Charlie is a natural progression from that (if anything about Charlie could be considered natural). I hope I captured his creepy, creepy grin; I honestly wasn't sure how that part turned out.

Anyway, Charlie will play a big part in my upcoming level; nearly all the music will be piped in through him! (At least in one specific area.) This makes it one of the few Knytt Stories levels I know of to have diegetic music; the only other one I can think of right now is Salmon's Underground House.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 19:47:07 »
Merry Christmas, everybody! One of the things that's been bugging me about this edit is that the green wallpaper pretty much just takes up space in this set, as most of the furniture will just blend right in it. So I took it out and added some presents! I'm still not totally happy with parts of this tileset, but I'm prepared to call it done for the time being, as I really need to work on my level some more. After all, I can always improve it next year.