KU Steam trading card artwork

• 6 Replies

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
KU Steam trading card artwork
« on: December 08, 2013, 21:40:25 »
Just noticed this post and that artwork is simply gorgeous! Does it exist in a higher resolution anywhere so I can use it as a desktop wallpaper?
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: KU Steam trading card artwork
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 13:52:26 »
I really loved the artwork as well, so I reached out to Violaine Briat to see if I could get copies in the highest possible resolution and quality, and she was kind enough to provide. Since you want them for the same reasons I did, I think she'd be OK with me passing the files onto you, so here they are. I'll happily take down this link if Violaine or Nifflas ask me to, though.

[mod]I have removed the link because it is public for the whole world now. For such sharing you really first need permissions and then share. I hope you understand. I have no hard feelings and I do approve sharing this after you have permission, but this still remains copyrighted material for a game. We can't take any chances here.[/mod]

Edit by Sergio: I seriously considered this LPChip, but I get a strong impression that both Violaine and Nifflas are quite busy people. I feel that asking could be a burden on them and complicated as I don't know who actually holds the copyrights to these images. So I'll just keep them to myself and inform others that clicking the 'HD' links on this page leads to images openly hosted on the Steam website that are fit for desktop backgrounds, despite containing significantly more JPEG artefacts.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:52:20 by sergiocornaga »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 13:37:29 »
I don't mind that we put up full quality versions of the images, as long as it's not against some Steam rules that I don't know about :)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 15:05:26 »
Ah, that link to the HD version from the steam exchange website is perfectly fine.

As for sharing the images with Nifflas or Violane's permission. Violane, as artist always has rights over her images unless she signed a document on which she gives away all her rights. I'm fairly sure she didn't and I'm also fairly sure steam does not have an agreement like that either. So if Nifflas and Violane are okay with it to host a 2nd version, thats perfectly fine. But given that steam exchange already hosts this, it may already be solved?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 13:37:33 »
So if Nifflas and Violane are okay with it to host a 2nd version, thats perfectly fine. But given that steam exchange already hosts this, it may already be solved?

The high-quality JPEGs Violaine sent me are collectively over 20 MB, about 10 times the size of the ones linked by Steam Card Exchange, and there's a pretty significant visual difference which you should be able to see in the attached image.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 13:40:22 by sergiocornaga »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 14:54:05 »
Ah right. Thats a significant difference. My previous statement still stands though. If Violane is okay with making this public, it should be okay. I do think its best if this is hosted by nifflas though.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 22:42:35 »
I'll try to remember to ask her as soon as we chat!