Nifflas, you magnificent bastard

• 5 Replies
Nifflas, you magnificent bastard
« on: November 12, 2013, 22:27:51 »
I was almost ready to put my controller through my TV after Somy Luru last night. Then I hit Jejobo Redy, said "screw this" and went to bed >_< This is some Battletoadsy design, sheesh!

On that topic, has anyone told you that your analog controls are *too* tight? Don't get me wrong, they feel great most of the time, but occasionally if I flick Mi off of the edge of a platform, my analog stick will bounce just a hair in the opposite direction, and Mi will end up facing the wrong way. This happened quite a lot at the very beginning of Somy Luru, and I had more than a few deaths because, thanks to analog oversensitivity, I ended up inadvertently facing the wrong way. This happened a few times in regular gameplay too, but the regular map is forgiving/relaxing enough that it wasn't a problem. Maybe it's just the frustration at these challenges speaking, I dunno.

(I'm on the PS3 version, by the way.)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Nifflas, you magnificent bastard
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 22:34:27 »
You should know that Nifflas actually is not responsible for the controls on the PS3. The PS3 verison was developed by another team who was unable to capture the proper response as it is on the pc. He's aware of this, but as he is not a PS3 developer, he can't change it.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 22:37:22 »
Ah, I apologize then. It doesn't diminish the fact that I've enjoyed my time with the game immensely, though! I've uncovered very nearly all of the map and I've rung all six bells, but I still feel like there's so much more stuff to uncover.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 23:34:03 »
Oh yes there is. the entire map is like 66% of the game. The rest are secret areas etc.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 21:07:17 »
Just so you know, if you have the PSN version, you can get the win/mac/linux version (including a Steam key) for free if you send me a PM. :)

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 06:35:09 »
Will do, though I doubt I'll have the patience to play through the game in its entirety on the PC. Long time fan though! Been playing since WaDF, and bought Underground on release day last year; all the throwbacks and references were quite pleasantly surprising.

I did get through Jejobo Redy yesterday though. The break did me a lot of good, as some time in the night I apparently figured out that I had some control over the ball while it was in mid-air, which helped get me past the initial hump in the second screen a lot more consistently.