Controller support

• 3 Replies

Offline Zammy

• View Profile
Controller support
« on: October 25, 2013, 23:43:28 »
So I just bought the game and did a search here and it turns out Knytt doesn't support controllers natively.

So my next question, which will be asked quite a lot now you are on steam is - Will it ever support controllers on the PC?
And no, I don't mean using some dodgy program like joy2pad or whatever it is called.

Because if not, it would be great to know now so I can go get a refund from steam.

Edit: Yes it should be in Knytt underground.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:31:04 by Zammy »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Controller support
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 01:09:18 »
You post this in the section for Knytt Stories, a game that is free and not on steam. Are you perhaps talking about Knytt Underground?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 01:02:10 »
Not sure about your definition of "dodgy", I use joy2key with knytt underground and it works great.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 01:03:04 »
Unfortunately, the game is developed in Multimedia Fusion 2 where controller support, though supported through a third party extension, is a bit awkward to add. On top of that, the game uses a custom exporter where it have to be re-implemented for three platforms. I'm fully aware that it would have been very nice to have controller support. Luckily, things will be a lot easier in the future since I've switched to Unity where everything just works for every desktop platform right away. This is basically why none of my pre-Unity games have had controller support, while all my Unity ones (well, only two mini games for now) has it.

I do agree it is dodgy to have to rely on external software for controller support. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:06:21 by Nifflas »