[small/hard - KS+] Nifforum Presents... A Celebration of Ego's Massive Ego!

• 18 Replies

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
A certain someone just got 100 stars!

In celebration of this, a few of us have, in a secret location, been working on a collaborative level to honour this impressive achievement.

We've got a lot done but still have a little more work to do - indeed, if you've collected enough stars to know about the, uh... you know, the secret...  :shifty: feel free to come by and see if you can help.
(Gimme a break - frankly I think I handled that pretty well.)

Anyway, the level is a mixture of environmental and challengies with an emphasis on collecting collectibles - so if you like environmentals, challenges and collecting stuff, this is the level for you! So far, 6 forumites have given their contributions to the level - specifically, myself, Sergiocornaga, Firecat, Polana, Straightflame and Tablecat.
Hopefully some of them will add a screenshot to this thread to show what they've been working on. In the meantime, here's one of mine...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 18:00:04 by Talps »

Offline juhj

• This happens when I can't finish a level D:
    • View Profile
Congrats Egomassive!

Nice screenshot, by the way.
image removed, became invalid
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
 :D

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
Here's mine.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
I would like to point out my own dexterity in managing to take a screenshot while leaping over a purple spider. I'd like to add that I didn't then die but made it safely to the left dune.

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Awesome area to explore in this level #3: A city like the one below.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
I'm surprised how well the tables from the lab tileset work with the restaurant from the city tileset. Nice work Firecat!

I think i might be a bit too late, but here is an area made by a person who makes areas that are made by a person.

Edit: Okay, so the title "wetenschappervindtmanieromgoudinkwarkteveranderen" apparently doesn't work that well, so instead the forum changed it to something that translates to "scientist finds man".
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:21:17 by StraightFlame »

Offline juhj

• View Profile
We've got a lot done but still have a little more work to do - indeed, if you've collected enough stars to know about the, uh... you know, the secret...  :shifty: feel free to come by and see if you can help.
(Gimme a break - frankly I think I handled that pretty well.)
How many stars do you need to know (or whatever) the secret?
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
...That's a secret. :shifty:

(Actually I can't remember.)

Offline juhj

• View Profile
Please, can someone who knows tell me how many stars I need. You won't be giving anything of the secret away, just telling me when I can find out what it is.

Offline Talps

• View Profile
Sorry. It's 10 or 15, I think.

Well, i wasn't going to say anything because i thought the mods wouldn't like it, but if Talps said it...

The amount of stars you need for the secret is 10.

Offline juhj

• View Profile
Thanks for the info.

So i felt like i should share a bit of information with anyone who might be reading this. Thankfully, our supreme overlord Talps said i could. Well, that, or he said "if you want to post, go away".

Well, first on my list of only two things to tell you is the release date. Talps was considerate enough to suggest a deadline to get the level out of development hell. Although the level might show up a bit earlier.

The release date is Sunday SATURDAY DEFINITELY SATURDAY I NEVER SAID SUNDAY 26 October 2013.

Also, development hell is a real geographical location. Just so you know.

And lastly, i wanted to tell you who's doing what, to let you know what to expect from this level. Hopefully this list is not too spoilery. The people working on this level are:
By the way, if anyone could tell me a better way to do this list than to overuse the word "designer", that'd be great.

• Talps (project leader, challenge area designer)
  • sergiocornaga (CO designer, cutscene designer, guy who made the level playable (does that have a name?), challenge area designer)
  • Firecat (collectable graphic designer, connection area designer)
  • StraightFlame (challenge area designer)
  • Polana (challenge area designer)
  • Tablecat (connection area designer)
  • Headgrinder (connection area designer)
  • plural (narwhal supervisor)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 23:56:28 by StraightFlame »