Steam build testing!

• 47 Replies

Offline debora

• View Profile
Re: Steam build testing!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 13:49:05 »
Just finished the PS3 version and would be happy to test the OSX version for steam!

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 21:42:04 »
Can test on Steam OSX

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 02:24:08 »
Sorry, I ran out of testing codes :(

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 02:47:13 »
I think your achievement system is okay, got about half of them.
The community buttons work on my side, but as it should be obvious Steam has nothing to display yet as the game is unreleased (this is Valve's job to set these up not Nifflas').
So far I haven't noticed any screen change delays, so it might be a computer thing.
I was playing around with the overlay and noticed that every time I close it, the cursor assumes it's position before opening the overlay.
I've attached an image of Knytt Underground on Steam's library with achievements and screenshots.
EDIT: I somehow messed up the screenshot, I've uploaded a better one.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:56:07 by AbstractMatter »

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 04:02:42 »
The community thing is no problem. Just like lacking backgrounds and trading cards, those things are taken care of when the game is released properly. I'm glad the game runs nicely. I'll try out the overlay and see if anything with the mouse behaves way too weird. I know the cursor is kind of visible all the time now which can be fixed by moving it to the corner (maybe a result of a new version of some library the game depends on?), but hopefully there should be no major problems.

Offline ElMirador

• TuT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 04:20:34 »
I think your achievement system is okay, got about half of them.
The community buttons work on my side, but as it should be obvious Steam has nothing to display yet as the game is unreleased (this is Valve's job to set these up not Nifflas').
So far I haven't noticed any screen change delays, so it might be a computer thing.
I was playing around with the overlay and noticed that every time I close it, the cursor assumes it's position before opening the overlay.
I've attached an image of Knytt Underground on Steam's library with achievements and screenshots.
EDIT: I somehow messed up the screenshot, I've uploaded a better one.

It seems that community page problem only happens in Linux build, Windows build is fine.
And the mouse cursor position, yes, I have that on my computer too, both Linux & Windows.
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAACBwgAAgYEAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]WaDF is the one of the best plaformer games I've ever played XD

Offline Mathias

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 08:45:21 »
I think the cursor showing is a problem on my part. I will see about uploading a new Steam version soon, even though I don't regard this as a critical bug :)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 09:04:46 »

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 00:57:40 »
sorry to be so demanding, but I have to ask - any chance of a timer being added to this build?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2013, 21:57:23 »
I'm sorry that I never got around to it :( Too much work on various things lately.

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2013, 16:22:58 »
I finally had time to test this today (thanks for the key!).  Nothing much to report on Windows 8 beyond the previously mentioned mouse cursor. All looks good so far.

Offline Matthias720

• Chex Quest Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2013, 16:43:23 »
I've put in about 10 hours of play so far and haven't noticed anything buggy. Achievements unlock fine, performance is fine, and I haven't had any crashes or errors. In my humble opinion, Nifflas, you're pretty much ready to go. C)
I use Whaleware.  How about you? :D

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2013, 06:57:20 »
Is anyone here up to testing the Steam version? It'd just be nice to make sure everything works before the game is released. Especially achievements and the OS X/Linux builds needs testing, but testing on Windows would be super useful too!

I'd like to try it.  I have Windows 8.1 RTM right now.
 <3

Offline flesk

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2013, 15:34:12 »
I think he (sadly) ran out of testing codes. Otherwise I'd love to give it a go too. I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7, both 64 bit. I own the game on Desura already, but I'm very excited about the Steam version. Any ETA?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 16:59:51 »
No ETA yet, but quite soon!