Steam build testing!

• 47 Replies
Re: Steam build testing!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 21:53:06 »
Oh, I also have access to a Vista if that's relevant.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 15:26:48 »
Okay, I've sent out Steam codes to everybody who wants to test! I still have a bunch of more codes if anyone else is up for testing it too!

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 18:17:14 »
Hi, I'd love to test it on Windows7 64bit please!

Offline willxinc

• Will 'XCS'
    • View Profile
    • Self Hosted Site (On Rarely)
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 21:48:07 »
Had a chance to quickly test it before having to do homework. It activates as "Steam Sub ####", shows up in library as "Knytt Underground Developer Comp" and shows up in my account history as "Knytt Underground Developer Comp". Make up your mind steam :p

Went through the entire tutorial section of the 'menu' as well as the pseudo-demo, and had no issues. I then copied my save file from the non-steam version, and managed to continue chapter 3 perfectly.

Will attempt some achievement hunting later.

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 21:53:49 »
I played through the three chapters and activated two achievements (fireworks and shortcut genius) without noticing anything different from the old version. I'll get the rest of the achievements later - it's a good excuse to do figure space again  :)

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 22:12:53 »
Got some secret achievements, namely Knytt Story and Tobias Chilli, also played with the controls and also took a Steam screenshot. Everything seems fine but a thorough achievement quest is underway.

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 23:11:49 »
Sorry for the double post, when I returned I noticed the game loads slower than the standalone version I have, I also noticed the cursor was visible in-game. On the bright side, Because it's tradition achievement seems okay.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 03:54:09 »
Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with the mouse cursor. Maybe it's related to the Steam overlay? Maybe the new version is using a newer version of some library where hiding the cursor doesn't work identically?

Offline Sp33d

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 06:34:07 »
Sweet!  Played around a bit with it today, I will be able to do a full playthrough this weekend.  Anyway, here are some things I noticed.

-I was able to take a screenshot and put it on the Steam Cloud without a problem
-The Steam overlay and everything on it appears to work nicely
-I noticed Alt-Tabbing is slightly quicker now (at least on my machine)
-I'm not sure if this is an issue with the game or if it's steam or if it's just because it's in beta, but on the Knytt Underground steam page (the one you launch the game from) it doesn't show the achievements on the bottom.  If you click on "Show All Achievements" it just brings you to your profile page.  However, the achievements themselves seem to work just fine.
-As others have said, you can see the mouse cursor while in game
-Have you implemented trading cards yet?  I played for almost an hour and didn't find any.  Maybe I've just been unlucky.

Again, I have Windows 7 64 bit
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:41:19 by Sp33d »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 08:35:49 »
-I'm not sure if this is an issue with the game or if it's steam or if it's just because it's in beta, but on the Knytt Underground steam page (the one you launch the game from) it doesn't show the achievements on the bottom.  If you click on "Show All Achievements" it just brings you to your profile page.  However, the achievements themselves seem to work just fine.
-Have you implemented trading cards yet?  I played for almost an hour and didn't find any.  Maybe I've just been unlucky.

Speaking from experience, these are both due to the game being unreleased on Steam. You won't see cards until the game comes out.

Offline juhj

• This happens when I can't finish a level D:
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 16:34:39 »
I'd love to test it.  8D
image removed, became invalid
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 16:55:58 »
If You need my help, I can test it.
My system - Windows 7 64bit

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2013, 20:13:00 »
I've sent you Steam keys too!

Offline Sp33d

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 06:13:34 »
Speaking from experience, these are both due to the game being unreleased on Steam. You won't see cards until the game comes out.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up!

I played chapter 1 and 2 today, and everything seems exactly the same, except, rarely, the transition from one screen to another takes way longer than it should (like one to two full seconds).  I haven't had this issue on the GG version.  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:35:13 by Sp33d »

Offline ElMirador

• TuT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:38 »
Win 7 64-bit:

First, the game works fine. :)
I got some Achievements from the starting screen & Credits scene too.
Tobas Chilli, Knytt Stories and Because It's Tradition, all of them works fine.

But there's a minor complain about loading at the very beginning of the game.
Steam version takes longer (about 5s I think) than standalone version.
(I have no idea about this, it could be a specific problem. The splash screen of Steam ("Press Shift+Tab to open...") might be the cause.)
And loading between different rooms is also slightly slower than standalone, but it doesn't feel that much, maybe it's just my feeling, anyway, it's OK :)

++++++++++

Ubuntu 12.04:

Linux build is even better than any Windows build! The game runs fluently and loading is very quick!
Here's one little thing: you could actually change the window size in Linux build. I don't remember I could do this under Windows XD

Game itself runs great though, but there are some problems with Steam overlay under Ubuntu.
I pushed Shift+Tab to call out the Steam Community page, then I found I can't click those buttons or links (actually even the mouse cursor is still an arrow not a hand if a link is there normally) , but sometimes I can open them, after clicking them several times in game window.
I also got EDGE and FEZ under Ubuntu, their Steam overlay function great.

And the cloud sync works great. 8)

P.S.: Just in case, here's my spec: My laptop is ACER 4750G, NVIDIA GT540M & INTEL HD 3000 (built-in CPU), 6GB RAM (using Bumblebee upon Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 18:39:10 by ElMirador »
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAACBwgAAgYEAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]WaDF is the one of the best plaformer games I've ever played XD