Multiple save slots?

• 3 Replies

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
Multiple save slots?
« on: September 22, 2013, 01:06:39 »
I want to play KU again so I can pick different dialogue options, and just generally experience the game a second time. Problem is I don't want to erase my save data because I've found lots of secrets and stuff. Previous Nifflas games had multiple save slots for this sort of thing. Does such functionality exist in KU? If not is there some way to "hack" it so I can back up my dave data before erasing it?
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Multiple save slots?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 01:52:18 »
Hi!

Unfortunately, there are no slots. You can however back up your data, your save files are located in the roaming application data folder, which varies depending on your operating system.

If you have a savegame of chapter 1, you'll find the file by searching your hard drive for "Nifflas - Default World, Red.ini", and you'll find the chapter 2 and 3 savegames there too.

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 03:16:12 »
Aha, I know where to find the roaming folder thanks to Minecraft. Thanks for the tip! Was it a concious design decision not to have multiple save slots, or a technical limitation?
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 03:27:12 »
It was just easiest that way since I didn't have much of a menu system. In retrospect, I can see why it'd have made sense to put save slots in there.