[song] [Electronic/Downtempo] LPChip - Traz (Chilldown mix) (c64remix)

• 4 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
I make C64 remixes from time to time, and I'm active in the SLAYRadio community as well.

If you are too, then you already heard this song a few times on the shows: the BBB (as exclusive), The Unpredictable with Cactus and GurtyGurt - Radio Awesome.

So far people are loving it, so it would be unfair if I kept this from you. :)

The song may be a little on the low side in volume. Tried to keep it around 11 RMS but the standard seems near 8 nowadays. At least this gives a nice headroom feeling.

The song can be downloaded here: http://remix.kwed.org/download.php/5148/LPChip%20-%20Traz%20%28Chill%20down%20mix%29.mp3
Song length: 6:32
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [song] [Electronic/Downtempo] LPChip - Traz (Chilldown mix) (c64remix)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 14:05:50 »
I'm going to be honest here, I find this remix quite bizarre! The tone is so different from the original, and the lead instrument appears to be Vocaloid gibberish? Regardless, I find it oddly compelling... thanks for sharing, and I look forward to the next one.

Oh, and I think the volume is fine, given the genre! :)

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: [song] [Electronic/Downtempo] LPChip - Traz (Chilldown mix) (c64remix)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 15:42:00 »
Thanks sergiocornaga.

I can see why you'd find it bizarre. I actually don't use the same chord progression as the original. It was my intention to be Traz, while not being Traz.

I used AquesTone VSTi to sing along. It uses some japanese anime style of singing. I suck at songwriting (finding nice lyrics) so this was a great way to compesnate yet give the impression someone sings.

At the end of the song, it plays in the original chord progression. It gives a nice sense of going from a somewhat darker side to a more positive side, which fits the fact that the song is quite long. the same happens also during the smaller interludes.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
I'm late! However, it's very lovely, LPChip; good work! It does sound a bit like a vocaloid, but for some reason I don't mind so much. It's brilliant.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Thanks BloxMaster :)

MODPlug Central Forum