A game site to self-publish games

• 6 Replies
A game site to self-publish games
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:50:33 »
Hey fellas!
Apart from Nifflas community, do you a know a resource where one can release a game, similar to various music sites where artists can register and upload music?

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Re: A game site to self-publish games
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 02:14:18 »
The TIGSource feedback forum is a great place to get suggestions from people with a lot of experience making aswell as playing games; a great way to get an unfinished game polished. Just remember to be patient if replies are slow in coming.

If you've got a finished game you want to get out there, the announcements forum is the place. You'll still get feedback if people play it and have suggestions for you but the assumption is that you consider it to be in a finished state.

Regardless of which one you're posting in, people are more likely to download your game if you have screenshots in the thread and a thorough, accurate description.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:58:12 »
Thanks guys, I'll try TIGSource!

Tried indivania - unfortunately, it did not work out, they are very unresponsive. I posted my game there, they said - you did not upload files. I carefully read instructions on how to do that, uploaded it, but nothing changed and the site still said files were not uploaded. Rechecked - same result. Sent them an email and never got a reply.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 07:52:45 »
tigsource is the place to be if for all things indie game development.

forum: http://forums.tigsource.com/
database: http://db.tigsource.com/
blog: http://www.tigsource.com/

Salmoneous,

tigsource.com looks forged. Like those old-school CD's with ThOuSaNdS oF gAmEs!!

I'm not sure if dynamically generating web-pages this way works yet.

mmkstarr

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 16:20:24 »
tigsource.com looks forged. Like those old-school CD's with ThOuSaNdS oF gAmEs!!

Heh, how did you reach that conclusion? I assume you're talking about the database, which I can assure you is legitimate (along with all other aspects of the site). I'm not even sure how it could be "forged", given that you don't purchase games through the site, nor does it have any other known revenue generator. Virtually all the games there are classics or otherwise have a reason to be included, and games are definitely not added dynamically, but manually and sparingly.

Of course, this is my biased opinion as someone who has been visiting the site since it was just a blog in 2005. Here is a critique of the site (and its users).

As a side note, bumping this year-old topic may be frowned upon by the admins here...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 16:23:39 by sergiocornaga »