Gummy (version 1.5), released from development!

• 1 Replies

Offline Rhyok

• View Profile
Gummy (version 1.5), released from development!
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:15:39 »
If you were coming here to find some revolutionary new freeware game, I am sorry to disappoint you.

What I am here to show you is a delectable desert which I learned how to make from an Instructable created by SFHandyman: http://www.instructables.com/id/LeGummies_brick_shaped_gummy_candies/

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

They are pretty easy to make (though I'm not sure what the brands would be in other countries), involving one package flavored gelatin to three small packets of unflavored gelatin and 1/3 - 1/2 cup of cold water. They are also much stronger in flavor than commercial gummies (which is a good or bad thing, depending on your taste), with a pleasantly smooth texture and chewy consistency (exactly as they should be). If you are at all interested, check out the Instructable. They take me around 2 hours to make per batch, and easily fed my sisters (2) and I.

By the way, if you are trying to mold them in a plastic ice cube tray, VERY lightly (less than a cake pan) grease the cube insets with oil. I compared that to removing them from a nonstick silicone mold and boy were they easier than when I had done it without the oil.

Happy Candy Making fellows!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: Gummy (version 1.5), released from development!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:24:06 »
yummy!