Worm game concept, suggestions?

• 1 Replies

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
Worm game concept, suggestions?
« on: August 29, 2013, 12:23:31 »
Game Link

Arrow keys control the head, WASD keys control the butt. You can stick to surfaces (let go of the keys of that part of the body to make it stick). Try to move it like an actual worm would at first.

This is a concept I though of after watching a video of a cute worm moving around. There's likely something similar to this already around but these are just little projects I make to get used to game development. Still just a draft, as you can see.

Any suggestions on how to make this more playable? The physics are weird but that's easy to do manually later to give it a better feel, the most annoying part about this right now is how to make it stick to the walls.

EDIT: Alternate controls: Arrow keys to move head, Space to make the butt come closer to the head. Feels better this way, but makes it impossible to climb walls or walk in the ceiling, levels could be designed with that in mind though.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 14:33:34 by Raicuparta »

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
Re: Worm game concept, suggestions? (now racing game!)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 03:48:52 »
This concept evolved to this:
Play multipalyer version
Hopefully the controls can be figured out without instructions, but I'll still add them eventually.

I see now that I was asking for suggestions for something that really seemed to have no purpose, and now that this looks more like an actual game, maybe I can get some feedback :)