[KS+ Character] Adult Juni

• 7 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
[KS+ Character] Adult Juni
« on: August 15, 2013, 10:39:12 »
Or at least "Older Juni", but....fghdasjgfh
Not at all for an ambitious KS+ project that I'm not at all making. Nope.

Juni's grown up, gotten a bit taller, and her hair's grown out longer. It's gotten a bit messy, but it doesn't stop her from doing...things. Climbing and...uh...swimming up walls...

The only problem with it is, with GraphicsGale, I can't get PNGs to have partial transparency. It's either all the way there or all the way invisible.

Now you may be asking, "Why doesn't she cut her hair? Why -is- her hair messy? Why did you even need this?" Well, as I said, it's not at all for an ambitious KS+ project. So I hope that answers your question.

By all means, please do use it. Edit it if you must, but if it still bears a likeness to the original, please credit me in the level. I would like to know what level you're using this for, as well, so I can keep an eye on it!
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
Re: [KS+ Character] Adult Juni
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 12:17:36 »
So, I took the liberty of transparency-ing it. I set it to 66% but it still looks a little too *there* but it's differentiated enough to tell that it's happening.

I was actually thinking about how the hologram could be used for other things. Say you're making a level where your character "changes clothes" to blend in, so you make the hologram area of the spritesheet blank and then the "hidden/66.6% transparency" moveset of juni could be with enemy clothes on.

Anyway, in case you wanted it. And if you don't, that's okay it didn't take much time at all. Also, I looked at it to test out the hologram and it looks good.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:33:24 by plural »

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:22:38 »
Yeah, and we begin ks+ character mods!  That is two that I know of so far, the other being a blockman.  XD  I'm hoping to make 3 characters for a level I'm working on... if I don't give up and look for a group of game developers to work with as my game is getting way to big now...  Anyhoo, nice job keep up the work that is not for anything ambitious!  ...and the work that is for ambitious things!

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 13:40:00 »
Yeah, and we begin ks+ character mods!  That is two that I know of so far, the other being a blockman.  XD  I'm hoping to make 3 characters for a level I'm working on... if I don't give up and look for a group of game developers to work with as my game is getting way to big now...  Anyhoo, nice job keep up the work that is not for anything ambitious!  ...and the work that is for ambitious things!
There are already quite a few custom characters over at the Custom Character thread.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 21:47:09 »
Ooh, thanks for the transparency, Plural! And I did briefly think about turning the hologram frames into a "sneaking" type of animation, but it was 2 AM and I was tired. :v

EDIT: Uh, Plural, your image looks the same as mine in-game. :v
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 22:42:20 by Pumpkinbot »

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 01:15:53 »
By the attached image, i can see that plural made the hologram part partialy transparent but saved the file as a non transparent image (Probably from taking the same settings as the original), resulting in not getting semi-transparent but darker in game. If plural still haves a useable backup i sugest saving again, making sure that the program forces alpha transparency to be used.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 03:34:46 »
Oh, oops. I'm stupid. Anyway, I edited that post with an actually transparent version. No wonder it didn't look right to me.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 06:10:21 »
Oh, oops. I'm stupid. Anyway, I edited that post with an actually transparent version. No wonder it didn't look right to me.
We all do silly things sometimes. xP
Well, mostly me.

...Well, especially me. But thanks for that transparent version! :>