[Intermediate][Extreme][Puzzle\Miscellaneous\Maze] Define

• 56 Replies

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
Re: [Intermediate][Extreme][Puzzle\Miscellaneous\Maze] Define
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 17:25:21 »
Hello. I haven't posted in this thread yet as I'm still finishing the level, so this either a case of mistaken identity, or Polana telepathically inferring bugs I encounter before I've posted them here. Probably the latter.
Oh hello. I remember you. Yes. Yeees.
Oh sorry. I was reading another topic just before I posted here and doing some schoolwork so it got mixed in my head somehow.  :oops:
Not a big deal. But did you get over the problem, Polana? Or is it really impeding your ability to progress?

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 23:44:30 »
No. But I will be trying again and again because I want to solve all those puzzles.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2013, 21:59:16 »
I'm stuck at
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Excellent level, by the way! Puzzles like this are hard to make with Knytt Stories. At first I was really confused by the huge variety of blocks and their properties. I still can't remember what some of them do (yes, I had a look at the 'instructions', but sometimes it's quicker with trial and error).
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 01:45:56 »
I'm stuck at

Excellent level, by the way! Puzzles like this are hard to make with Knytt Stories. At first I was really confused by the huge variety of blocks and their properties. I still can't remember what some of them do (yes, I had a look at the 'instructions', but sometimes it's quicker with trial and error).
Dang, man, you're getting close to the end! (Well. In one sense, anyway.)
But yeah that one is a bit of a doozy and maybe a tiny bit unforgivable.
The way to do it is to lure the block near the top and leave it there (this is done by jumping up next to it, then at the peak of the jump moving away--if done correctly, the block will lose "sight" of you and stay where it is), then you have to lure it downward by going around on the left side to the bottom and dash forward and back to get the block to move down but not quite down to your level.
From personal experience and from what I've seen of others who did it, it takes at least a few tries to get the timing right. Basically the important thing about the block is that it will only move when you are in any square (in the imaginary grid of Knytt Stories) to its side, otherwise it will stop moving.

Anyway, thank you. This definitely was not easy to make, but someone had to do it!

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 10:06:18 »
Thank you. I'd tried that one or two times and failed, so I thought it was impossible.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 17:26:44 »
Thank you. I'd tried that one or two times and failed, so I thought it was impossible.
Hey, that's what I'm here for. Uh, I guess. I don't actually know.
I presume it worked out then.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 21:39:37 »
^ Yeah, I got past that. Unfortunately now I've encountered a small glitch.

I'll just edit my save file or use the cheat code and go on. If you think you can fix it easily, good; otherwise I don't think it should be a big deal.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 23:07:30 »
I'll just edit my save file or use the cheat code and go on. If you think you can fix it easily, good; otherwise I don't think it should be a big deal.
Ahh yeah, I looked into it and I can see what probably happened. It looks like I was a little sloppy with a couple shifts there. Usually I'm not.
It is easy to fix, but I guess I'll wait and see if you or anyone else encounters any other issues before re-uploading Define.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2013, 19:44:58 »
Finally got to see all 4 endings. Really nice game overall! There are way too many different blocks - some of them quite similar - for me to remember what they all do, but the levels are short enough that you can just try things out. Towards the end, though, I found I had little trouble remembering most of the block effects.

Great collection of music, either nostalgic or outright good chiptune tracks. I recognized a lot of tunes, but not all of them: if you have a list of the titles I'd love to see it, since, unless I'm mistaken, there's no such information inside the OGG files.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 03:05:49 »
Finally got to see all 4 endings. Really nice game overall! There are way too many different blocks - some of them quite similar - for me to remember what they all do, but the levels are short enough that you can just try things out. Towards the end, though, I found I had little trouble remembering most of the block effects.

Great collection of music, either nostalgic or outright good chiptune tracks. I recognized a lot of tunes, but not all of them: if you have a list of the titles I'd love to see it, since, unless I'm mistaken, there's no such information inside the OGG files.

A true gamer eh. Thanks though.
I don't have such a list, but if there are individual tracks you want to know I can tell you.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 09:54:34 »
These are the tracks I'm sure I've heard before, but can't remember where they're from.

Ambiance 7, 10, 15, 20, 32, 46, 51, 85

Thank you :)

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 20:16:41 »
These are the tracks I'm sure I've heard before, but can't remember where they're from.

Ambiance 7, 10, 15, 20, 32, 46, 51, 85

Thank you :)
Sent a personal message.

Offline Marximillian

• I don't hate Swedes, what are you implying exactly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 20:05:59 »
That took.... a long time to beat.
Amazing and worth the effort! I'm just going to say the best KS.
x

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2013, 19:13:16 »
I've converted custom objects into template objects for KS Ex: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44735333/ks/KG%20-%20Define.knytt.bin
It would work as before in other versions of KS, but in KS Ex it wouldn't have the mentioned problems with disappearing objects.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 00:25:21 »
That is so good of you GrayFace! I haven't gotten very far because I get tired of waiting for it to load after every cutscene. Template objects don't have that issue* do they? ... Nevermind, loading takes just as long as before. If I remove the CO declarations form the World.ini will it still work fine in KS EX?

*To the casual gamer: The long loading times are a result of the COs being cached.