[Intermediate][Extreme][Puzzle\Miscellaneous\Maze] Define

• 56 Replies

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: [Intermediate][Extreme][Puzzle\Miscellaneous\Maze] Define
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 23:40:22 »
This is easily the longest KS level I have ever played.

KG had me test it, but I couldn't find the time to get through even half of this puzzle-y nightmare!  I STILL haven't managed to finish it yet!

Very original though, and I very much like its collection of classical 8-bit tunes.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Tablecat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 02:23:32 »
I will play this level by KG.
My opinion? Good? Maybe.
Post here the review.
I'll play it for you.
Your previous level was crazy.

I have seen some of this level.
The puzzles are making me revel.
I am stuck in the room.
With the red blocks of boom.
This part makes me dishevel.

I take it all back, though this level is odd.
I did not see it, for I am a sod.
I had high jump all the time.
I will finish this level just fine.
To the creator, I give a happy nod.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:55:56 by Tablecat »

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 23:18:33 »
KG, the amount of work gone into this level is ridiculous. I am guessing you did all of the block movement with shifts?? Combined with the cryptology in your other level (which I still haven't deciphered, and a translation would be great), I've come to the conclusion that you are none other than John Nash.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 06:27:17 »
Edit: By the way, KG, this is probably the best KS puzzle level ever.

Thank you. And I agree, though I have to admit I have played like two puzzle levels I haven't made and they were both too short for my liking, so it's not like it's much of a contest.

This is easily the longest KS level I have ever played.

KG had me test it, but I couldn't find the time to get through even half of this puzzle-y nightmare!  I STILL haven't managed to finish it yet!

Very original though, and I very much like its collection of classical 8-bit tunes.
Thank you. Haha, how far have you gotten man?

I take it all back, though this level is odd.
I did not see it, for I am a sod.
I had high jump all the time.
I will finish this level just fine.
To the creator, I give a happy nod.
Uh. Thanks Tablecat. Haha you're a fun one I bet.

KG, the amount of work gone into this level is ridiculous. I am guessing you did all of the block movement with shifts?? Combined with the cryptology in your other level (which I still haven't deciphered, and a translation would be great), I've come to the conclusion that you are none other than John Nash.
Also uh. Thanks pfrangip. I have to admit I'm not John Nash, and didn't even know who that was until I asked Well.
But yes, all the block movement was done with shifts. When it comes down to it, shifts are the only thing you can use to simulate background movement to begin with, so I'm not sure what you might have thought it'd otherwise have been.
If you're talking about Teenhmifnoeafgil as the "other level", then I think the translation was put up somewhere in that thread.

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 15:01:39 »
It's really interesting, and a couple of the blocks that I've encountered so far, especially the green one that maintains your direction upon entering it, are ingenious. I think I'm up to the dragon but I don't remember that well right now. It's really long. I can imagine the shifting and room duplication necessary for some of these puzzles and the amount of work is staggering. Both from a perspective of design and a diligence, in regard to the limitations of Knytt Stories, this is a masterpiece.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 02:33:44 »
It's really interesting, and a couple of the blocks that I've encountered so far, especially the green one that maintains your direction upon entering it, are ingenious. I think I'm up to the dragon but I don't remember that well right now. It's really long. I can imagine the shifting and room duplication necessary for some of these puzzles and the amount of work is staggering. Both from a perspective of design and a diligence, in regard to the limitations of Knytt Stories, this is a masterpiece.
Thank you, but uh, I'm honestly a little confused about what you're talking about here. The block "that maintains your direction upon entering it" makes it seem like you're indicating what I think is the vaguely purplish/dull magenta vav, but you said green so maybe not?
Also, there is no lone dragon. There are two dragons, who appear together, but maybe in the case of one of them it's not quite as obvious what it is.
At any rate though, yes, there were a substantial amount of shifts and duplicated screens. Much of the bulk of the 4744 screens is the result of that.

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 11:27:10 »
I may have (most likely) had the color wrong. I tried to find the block again but I just played it for about a half hour and I didn't encounter it but I'm sure you're correct, I just wanted to see/remember what it was correctly. Even looking at the tileset of blocks I know which one it is but I can't remember it correctly. But yeah, it makes a tunnel of itself depending on if you enter it vertically or horizontally. It's cool... that's all.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 03:22:06 »
I may have (most likely) had the color wrong. I tried to find the block again but I just played it for about a half hour and I didn't encounter it but I'm sure you're correct, I just wanted to see/remember what it was correctly. Even looking at the tileset of blocks I know which one it is but I can't remember it correctly. But yeah, it makes a tunnel of itself depending on if you enter it vertically or horizontally. It's cool... that's all.
All right, yeah that's what it was. I actually liked that one too.
And I think it's cool that you liked an individual block enough to remember it (to some extent).

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 18:43:18 »
I am still playing this... I don't know that I will ever complete it but it is fun. As others have mentioned, it is obvious that the amount of work that went into this level is nothing short of monumental.

I have a little bit of trouble grasping/remembering the rules of all of the blocks (green backward C's are deadly, but also make stuff disappear?) but I've managed to sort it out enough so that I'm just past the part where you can turn the level upside down and back. I also like the purple j's that keep your direction... I've no idea how you did half this stuff with an unmodded KS.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 22:26:05 »
Possible Bug Report: When Juni shifted into this room (see image) she found herself swimming above the spot where she is depicted in the image.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 19:02:50 »
I personally did not get have that problem.

I am now just past the point where Juni has enlisted the friendship of the two weird dragon things.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 20:49:27 »
I have similar problem as Sergio Egomassive, but in different screen. I am not able to find it, because my KS gets horribly slow while playing this. I like the level, but I am afraid I will not be able to finish it because of this problem.  :sad:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:08:49 by Polana »

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 22:26:27 »
Possible Bug Report: When Juni shifted into this room (see image) she found herself swimming above the spot where she is depicted in the image.
Oh. Yeah sometimes strange things like that happen. If you restart or use ctrl R it should fix itself.
I have similar problem as Sergio, but in different screen. I am not able to find it, because my KS gets horribly slow while playing this. I like the level, but I am afraid I will not be able to finish it because of this problem.  :sad:
Oh. Wait, who's Sergio? I dunno what you're talking about here. But, yeah, it is pretty big and it would cause slowness issues on some computers.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 00:51:16 »
Oh. Wait, who's Sergio?

Hello. I haven't posted in this thread yet as I'm still finishing the level, so this either a case of mistaken identity, or Polana telepathically inferring bugs I encounter before I've posted them here. Probably the latter.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 11:11:14 »
Oh sorry. I was reading another topic just before I posted here and doing some schoolwork so it got mixed in my head somehow.  :oops: