Another Port? Sure, for Wii U!

• 10 Replies

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
Another Port? Sure, for Wii U!
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:12:15 »
As shown in this video, there's a nice indies lineup. This includes Knytt Underground. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50GcvuABEHY
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:14:53 by lilmanjs16 »
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Another Port? Sure, for Wii U!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 02:43:50 »
The Wii U build is created by Mathias who made the Win/Mac/Linux runtime (which is the version I prefer), and it's based on the same code. It'll be great!

Offline charity236

• Om nom nom, leaves
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 16:31:11 »
OMG YES :nuts: I got my Wii U on day one, and despite the dearth of games so far, am really enjoying it. KU will make it even better! <3

How will testing be done for this port?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 17:08:36 »
I'm not 100% sure yet, it'll be looked into, but testing will most likely need to be done on devkits QA. Since Mathias lives in Denmark, I'll be very involved with this port.

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 23:37:40 »
Excellent!  I just barely got my Wii U, and am glad to see another thing to look forward to playing on it!

Very underrated system, btw!
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline lilmanjs16

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 00:49:25 »
This will be the only console port that includes the Infinity Hype update, right?
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Mathias

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 11:44:58 »
Ah yeah, I'm working on it as we speak! Consoles are a very different beast compared to the desktop platforms, but it's coming along nicely.
Like Nifflas said, it will resemble the desktop versions a lot more than the PS3/Vita versions, using (approximately) the same engine.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 22:10:32 »
It'll contain all the content from the Infinity Hype update, which is just around the corner (sorry it have taken so long).

Offline lilmanjs16

• View Profile

Offline flesk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 08:58:00 »
In time for Christmas. Awesome! I'll probably get a Wii U for Christmas, so I might be able to pick up the Wii U version too.

Will it be possible to have the map or inventory displayed on the gamepad while playing on the TV?

Offline Mathias

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 18:29:19 »
In time for Christmas. Awesome! I'll probably get a Wii U for Christmas, so I might be able to pick up the Wii U version too.

Will it be possible to have the map or inventory displayed on the gamepad while playing on the TV?

The Wii U version can be either played in 'mirror' mode (with main display on both the Gamepad and TV screen) or a mode where the map and inventory are displayed on the Gamepad.
So to answer your question: yes :)