littlegame

• 3 Replies

Offline pippy

• View Profile
littlegame
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:41:09 »
I made a small adventure game, based on art assets off an older game of mine. There's not too much to it right now, just a single level and no enemies/puzzles.

Spoiler: screens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: playing with palettes (click to show/hide)

I might work on it further, though I'm not too sure what mechanics there should be. I was thinking about making an adventure game similar to Knytt, but I feel that would be in poor taste blatantly plagiarising niffla's concept. The other idea was an action game, but there's way too many other action 2d games out there to stand out. (the game the other art assets came from was an action game)

There are OS X and Windows builds available:

Mac (27 megs)

PC (25 megs)

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
Re: littlegame
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 21:46:12 »
I enjoy the look of this, and to tell you the truth, I could see this turning into somewhat of a horror adventure kind of game.  The look and feel of some of the stuff can seem a bit uneasy and I like that.  Maybe you should try your hand in a dark kind of story line with multiple endings?  Maybe start with a simple concept, build a demo, toss it out or people to play through and if it goes over, go from there? 

I really enjoyed the water effect, it looks very nice.

The only thing I thought was a bit, meh, was the jumping.  Its a bit sensitive.  It being something that was just worked up, though, I can understand!  Keep going at it!

Either way, if you need some kind of music or anything, I'd love to try my hand in creating something for you.  Just let me know :)
Teeeheee

Offline pippy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:23:30 »
Making the game into a horror game is a good idea, I've toyed with the idea. You might have seen one of the art assets is a monster that comes out of the ground, and can pull out its guts (which come alive and crawl around).

I had trouble with the water effect, it slowed down on my machine a bit. I might try to optimise the reflection logic or just remove it. I like it though because it gives it ambiance.

Speaking of ambience, I'd be happy if you could create music for the game. I'd trust you could create some sort of ambiance music? I'm just building this game for fun right now though, but hopefully it might become something more serious. I was thinking about putting it on the ouya.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 13:18:02 »
If you can make a beautiful additional to your site. It's very Eiiei cedar. Wait a day to see it.