• 168 Replies

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
Re: Za Nifflas Arcade!?
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 23:41:04 »
Asteroids made my day. Thank you very much.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 03:11:17 »
Yes, Asteroids is a nice retro addition.

I wonder, does anyone else have bug problems with Breakit? I found that the only way the "game over" screen comes up is if I purposefully run out of balls on Level 1. The game doesn't register gameover at higher levels - it simply continues without balls.

Edit: now Level 2 let me pass to the gameover screen - sort of. I got the message that "score could not be saved because session was missing" - yet the new score is present on the scoreboard, just without any comments. Bugs, bugs.

Btw, the browser is Firefox 2, and it's the only application running.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:44:05 by SiamJai »

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 06:02:08 »
Same problem here.
Lurk more.

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 10:43:27 »
Yes, breakit has lots of bugs... should be removed.

sorry for the inconveniences.
"Being better at bug-testing" is easier said than done, I suppose, especially if at the same time you complain about the fact that there are admin-only games (respectively, that those are still visible in certain places), because unfortunately that's the only way testing can be done. ;)

alright. I removed the Ballos game, and replaced some games with versions that seemed a bit nicer to me. I hope you don't mind that your scores for those are gone with them.

I didn't complain over that some games are admin only, I complained about that it's unfair that the score for them is saved and stored on the statistics, it's good that you have some admin only games for testing, but please remove the score and statistics for them... and about "Being better at bug-testing"... I can help you if you want, it seems like I'm good at finding bugs in these games... I have even found one in Gunslinger, but it's small and I don't think it can help you to get a better score... I actually lost some points because of it (but it shouldn't be a problem for anyone either, it's easy to avoid when you know it, and you have to trigger it yourself, it can't "pop up" randomly)! X)

So PM me if you want help with bug testing or want to know more details about the bugs.

And thank you very much again for making this wonderful arcade! :D
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 14:44:22 »
Again, I suppose I didn't explain that good enough, the games cannot be tested within the arcade environment without scores and such being enabled. Or from the other side: we can't disable the scores for the admin only games. Or for anything, for that matter, as far as I know.
About Breakit, I also experienced a glitch, but dear LPC was at first reluctant to remove the game. Looks like we'll have to look around for a replacement.
Gunslinger....want me to replace it with a (to me) rather boring version of Space Invaders? :P2
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 15:06:06 »
No thanks, Gunslinger is just fine (but you could also add space invaders, that would be cool, and we need many more games IMO (not complaining, I know you're working on it :P)).

But it still really bothers me that LP and you have lots of champions and are the most active players... can't you test the games OUTSIDE the "arcade environment"? I mean, you have to get those games from somewhere, right?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 15:09:34 by LimeLemon »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 15:38:35 »
No we can't.

But its only a matter of time before these games get to be released to the public. We do not put big scores on the games before releasing it. We just play a little bit, find out about it, and then loose on purpose.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 19:23:43 by LPChip »
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

4a

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 16:00:12 »
No we can't.

But its only a matter of time before these games get to be released to the public. We do not put big scores on the games before releasing it. We just play a little bit, find out about it, and then loose on purpose.

I think you mean lose on purpose. 9_9

Offline Klämrisk

• I can't even recall why I have this duck anymore..
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 15:17:12 »
Might I add a suggestion?

If it's possible, I think it would be practical with a 'mute' button so that you don't have to hear the annoying beeps and bleeps in the games. I listen to music while playing the arcade games and the bleeps annoys me a lot.  :/
Audial experimentations (Read: demos)
Crazy metal band I sing and play bass/electric guitar in

"Throwback" - a KS level in progress
I seem to recall starting a shift-animation frenzy and increased fascination in Juni's transparent body.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2009, 15:39:35 »
I know what you mean, the sound stuff does annoy me often enough too, but I don't think there is such an option. :/
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 16:18:09 »
You could mute <insert browser name here>, so you can't hear the games, but could listen to music from another program. I know you can do it on Vista, I have done it many times. :)

(Right click on the volume icon in the taskbar, and choose 'Open Volume Mixer'. Just turn down the browser. Do note that windows saves the settings.)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 22:18:29 »

If it's possible, I think it would be practical with a 'mute' button so that you don't have to hear the annoying beeps and bleeps in the games. I listen to music while playing the arcade games and the bleeps annoys me a lot.  :/
I totally agree. I often mute KS and play some of my own music. And by "beeps and bleeps," do you mean "the beeps, the sweeps, and the creeps?" X) [/spaceballsreference]
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Klämrisk

• I can't even recall why I have this duck anymore..
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2009, 17:22:34 »

I totally agree. I often mute KS and play some of my own music. And by "beeps and bleeps," do you mean "the beeps, the sweeps, and the creeps?" X) [/spaceballsreference]

Of course I mean the beeps *pop...pop,doooooopop....pop,doooooo*
the sweeps *lllmmmlllmmlmlmmllmmlllmm*
aaaaand the creeps *dudidudidedidu*  X-P
Audial experimentations (Read: demos)
Crazy metal band I sing and play bass/electric guitar in

"Throwback" - a KS level in progress
I seem to recall starting a shift-animation frenzy and increased fascination in Juni's transparent body.