Za Nifflas Arcade!?

• 168 Replies

Offline chipset

• View Profile
Re: Za Nifflas Arcade!?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 01:47:47 »
Well, when I first looked at the arcade, I basically agreed with some of the things that Goog mentioned. However, some of the games were fun, although a bit simplistic, when I started playing them (like Avoider). I like simplistic games though. :P

Basically, the only difference that I can see between playing these games on the forum here and on a flash game site is that when you play them on here there would be some competition between the forum members. I wouldn't mind this, as long as there's no arguing or bragging, etc...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:06:13 by chipset »
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 02:01:49 »
Ok. The diamond collector or whatever: I played it my first time, and got like 3890. But then, I saw a "game over" screen flash by for a second. Then, my ship dissappeared, and my energy level started rising. It's ok, though. I totally pwned my old score. :P2
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:03:28 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 07:03:05 »
Interesting!

This is a good sign that staff takes user feedback into consideration. Hopefully this arcade will be a success, given enough time. :)

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 11:04:11 »
I will be adding games over time. Don't worry. The only thing that make this take a while is that I want to screen each game prior to activating it.

The screening means several things: I'll be looking if we already have similar games so we won't have 2 identical games. I'll be looking for possible game glitches (read: avoider, I missed that one), and I'll be testing if the game is actually fun enough to play. Then ofcource I need to assign it to a cathegory, which will make it public.

I'll be looking into getting other flash games up. The script seems able to allow me to add games, but I need to look into this.

So the first thing I'll be doing is, adding all the games from the 16 available packs (yes, I thought it were 19 too and gave Paula the wrong info. I hereby appologise to you Paula. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 11:53:29 »
Cool, LPChip! It's reassuring that the games go through QA before going live on the Arcade. :)

Real-time highscore-duels are particularly fun! In fact, I just received a note that someone (again) took my champion title at Pingpong! So if you excuse me for a minute or two... ;)

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 15:57:00 »
:D Yeah, this is great.

I added another game or two, and also removed Avoider, because it seemed too glitchy/cheat sensitive.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 18:56:58 »
Yeah, avoider was pretty glitchy. I got 32000 or something because all the blocks got stuck in the upper left corner.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Soron

• :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 19:17:15 »
Oy LP, I highly recommend adding nifflas' game pop or dodge square :D.

Yaaaah!!

▲
▲ ▲

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 19:32:34 »
Oy LP, I highly recommend adding nifflas' game pop or dodge square :D.
That would be neat, but doesn't seem possible for a number of reasons.  :S

Offline Soron

• :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 19:50:28 »
yeah, Maybe a mockup version?
I mean like a mock of it written in flash.
Nifflas really should do flash :O

Yaaaah!!

▲
▲ ▲

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 03:05:27 »
...I can't see Nifflas taking time away from other game projects in order to learn Flash and then use it to port two minigames he made like five years ago into Flash.
good bye

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 05:58:10 »
I'm sure anyone with enough flash experience could port such minigames fairly easily. (If Nifflas complied)
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 11:38:58 »
There might be even similar games for that.

But I won't be investigating time and effort in finding out how to add a game that doesn't come with a presetted isntaller for SMFArcade until I installed and checked all the games that are currently available for download.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 18:44:33 »
I just wanted to say that you should remove Ballo (look at the highscore for details), and be better at bug testing the games in the future.

Also, why does two of the games say "Game not found" (they have two plays btw, and only appears on the statistics page), and what's up with the "We have 29 games for you to play?" and Paulas 17 played games and 13 champions? It must be that some of the games are admin/mod only... I assume you do that for testing, but then you should disable scores, champions and all other statistics for them.

Besides that I really, really like the arcade... I think I'm addicted! :D

Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 18:46:37 by LimeLemon »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 21:51:12 »
sorry for the inconveniences.
"Being better at bug-testing" is easier said than done, I suppose, especially if at the same time you complain about the fact that there are admin-only games (respectively, that those are still visible in certain places), because unfortunately that's the only way testing can be done. ;)

alright. I removed the Ballos game, and replaced some games with versions that seemed a bit nicer to me. I hope you don't mind that your scores for those are gone with them.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 22:04:48 by Miss Paula »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs: