I broke the game OH NOES

• 5 Replies
I broke the game OH NOES
« on: June 15, 2013, 02:11:24 »
I'm sorry, Nifflas, but you gotta love game-breaking.

Besides, this was just BEGGING to be done:

http://i.imgur.com/aU1zm92.jpg

This was in Chapter 1, and curiosity played the part.

So I encountered some paradox dialogue; 2 fairies who decided to appear unprecedentedly out of nowhere to speak on my behalf (which was rude), and time freezing indefinitely upon touching a flower. Life goes on, I guess. Well, not until after resetting my PS3, first. woop.
I didn't try again after that, at the risk of my Playstation spontaneously combusting for only a 6th time. Rebel at your own risk.

Dont worry niffels, i defy yourgame, i defy your rules- but i stil loveyouuu <3333hearts
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:13:28 by Wintanoir »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: I broke the game OH NOES
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 11:37:54 »
This one was found during the beta, but Nifflas decided to keep it in. I think he did fixed it for the PC version though, but it could've been after the PS3 version was already fixed and was not going to get updated anymore.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 10:25:47 »
It shouldn't be able to happen in the desktop version because the game blocks paths that are not available in the wrong chapter. If it's in the PS3 version, well... I wish I could tell you what really happened with all that, but the important part is that you get the desktop version for free if you have the console one - just drop me a PM.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:27:44 by Nifflas »

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:23:15 »
It shouldn't be able to happen in the desktop version because the game blocks paths that are not available in the wrong chapter. If it's in the PS3 version, well... I wish I could tell you what really happened with all that, but the important part is that you get the desktop version for free if you have the console one - just drop me a PM.
that reminds me, a player called Arkum discovered a small bug in chapter 2: if you bounce high enough here, you can make it off the top of the screen, where you're not supposed to go. The game handles it by just putting you back on the bottom of that screen with no momentum, which is kind of interesting.

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 03:19:33 »
I remember finding this in chapter 1 (of the desktop version) upon my first playthrough - it just sends you back to the same screen again :)

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 14:55:24 »
that reminds me, a player called Arkum discovered a small bug in chapter 2: if you bounce high enough here, you can make it off the top of the screen, where you're not supposed to go. The game handles it by just putting you back on the bottom of that screen with no momentum, which is kind of interesting.

I would love to see that happen. Or at least more amazing platformer skills like cliff-corner jumping.